Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 12:32:31 PM EDT
How many people out there play/train with paintball or airsoft? Do you have a favorite?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I play paintball and have never tried airsoft.  The guns are too expensive.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I also play paintball. I want to see it when I shoot someone in the face. If there was a way to make paint pellets for airsoft I'd probably play that as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I "train" with an airsoft p228

Kinda fun and I can just go pick up the ammom when I run out

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I also play paintball. I want to see it when I shoot someone in the face. If there was a way to make paint pellets for airsoft I'd probably play that as well.
View Quote

They do make paintball pellets for airsoft, check ebay

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They do make paintball pellets for airsoft, check ebay

Keving67
View Quote

You can use those paint pellets in a cheap spring pistol or rifle; but I recommend against it for your Auto Electric or Gas Blow Back guns -- you could do some real damage to expensive hardware with those.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well you can still see the mark on my face where I was shot by an airsoft gun Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a AEG at a gun show for grins: a Tokyo Marui MP5SD6 replica. They are kinda expensive, but solidly built. I did a little research and found out you can 'upgrade' the innards to increase firing rate and velocity.

I use mine to chase the squirrels out of my garden. Nothing like hearing them scream as you open up on them with full auto. I can hit them at fifty feet easy. It doesn't seem to hurt or discourage them though: they keep coming back. BTW Biodegradable pellets.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well you can still see the mark on my face where I was shot by an airsoft gun Saturday morning.
View Quote

I've never shot anyone with mine, do that actually do that much damage?

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Keving67
View Quote

The guy who shot me had an upgraded AEG, and he hit me high on the cheek where it left a deep purple bruise, it's almost cleared up now, and there is not going to be any permanent mark.  I've been shot lower in the face a couple of times before with a less powerful or farther away gun and it's never left a mark, just a bump/bruise with no color.  All the same I'm going to go get a paintball mask I think.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Keving67
View Quote

Wow, I'll have to be slightly more careful around my moms cat next time.

Keving67

The guy who shot me had an upgraded AEG, and he hit me high on the cheek where it left a deep purple bruise, it's almost cleared up now, and there is not going to be any permanent mark.  I've been shot lower in the face a couple of times before with a less powerful or farther away gun and it's never left a mark, just a bump/bruise with no color.  All the same I'm going to go get a paintball mask I think.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
It probably won't hurt the cat through its fur, just stay 15 feet away from it.

and give the cat eye protection [:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I have been playing paintball since 1989. I have not tried airsoft yet. I have talked to some people and they say its fun. I will have to give it a try shortly.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I have both, and it depends on what you are doing as to which I like more. As for cost, both can be expensive. I probably have close to 2 grand in paint ball gear. My auto cocker alone cost me 600 bucks, not counting mods. The M-16a1 airsoft gun only cost me 300 bucks. They are around 450 I think now. It is the battery powered select fire one. If realizm is you thing, then air soft is the way to go. Mag changes limited firepower etc, accuaccy, and the difference between concealment and cover. It is hard to play though unless you know the people. It is on you honor system type play since you don't really get marked like paint ball. Paintball is better for the walk on type games with large target rich environments. Less likely to have people be able to cheat and take the fun out of the game.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm the armorer for our airsoft team here in NC. I do all the upgrades and order most of the guns for everybody else. When you get hit with one of my AEG's (AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC GUN) you will know it!

BTW- I am selling a MP5 model with collapsible stock for $230 if anybody is interested. If anybody has a AR lower they want to get rid of I would be glad to work out a deal with them for the MP5.......

I also upgrade AEG's for anybody that is looking for that service.

JET
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top