Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:43:46 PM EDT
Which we all know later this year is going to be democrap central when it hosts the DNC (lord help me). Im wondering if its gonna be a major disaster (riots, arson, bomb or other threat), as in take a vacation during the week that the libtards invade, or stay home and lock the doors that week sorta thing. Im expecting at least a big spike in crime fron tens of thousands of UNARMED (eg crook bait) political tourists flooding the city and everything 50 miles around it.
What do yall think?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It's Charlotte, not Detroit.  

You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Get out of the AO and we'll nuke it from space!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I will go with this as well.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
And Your Wondering where the Hookers Hang
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which we all know later this year is going to be democrap central when it hosts the DNC (lord help me). Im wondering if its gonna be a major disaster (riots, arson, bomb or other threat), as in take a vacation during the week that the libtards invade, or stay home and lock the doors that week sorta thing. Im expecting at least a big spike in crime fron tens of thousands of UNARMED (eg crook bait) political tourists flooding the city and everything 50 miles around it.
What do yall think?

Hey I'm in Indian Land (S.Charlotte). I work for the Secret Service office and the FBI offices in Charlotte. I'm not an employee (I'm a general contractor; construction). Anyway this has been a hot topic. To say the least they are pulling out all the stops. Those gunshot triangulating devices, drones, undercover agents, internet monitoring, hundreds and hundreds of extra help, plus I'm sure many things I haven't heard gossip of. Rest assured someone from both organizations will get around to perusing this and other threads like this one. It's going to be a freaking zoo. I'd be willing to bet the SS won't be hunting counterfeiters in the months leading up to this god awful extravaganza. It is bringing money to the city however; desperately needed money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And Your Wondering where the Hookers Hang

Oh buddy don't let your mouth write checks your.....Just don't, you'll be disappointed by the leftovers after these heathen democrats set camp.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You'll be fine.

Having been to Charlotte & seen Detroit on "hardcore pawn", I fail to see the difference.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do yall think?

Come down to Great Falls and hang out. We'll hit the range down in Leeds. Maybe ride up Indian Land and aggravate the piss out of Winchester. lol

Hey,Winchester, I know quite a few folks from Indian Land. Lot's of fine young lasses there as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Spartan, we all need to get together one day and overwhelm a range nearby.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think so, I'm more hated locally than Bev Perdue but thanks for the thought.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do yall think?

Hey I'm in Indian Land (S.Charlotte). I work for the Secret Service office and the FBI offices in Charlotte. I'm not an employee (I'm a general contractor; construction). Anyway this has been a hot topic. To say the least they are pulling out all the stops. Those gunshot triangulating devices, drones, undercover agents, internet monitoring, hundreds and hundreds of extra help, plus I'm sure many things I haven't heard gossip of. Rest assured someone from both organizations will get around to perusing this and other threads like this one. It's going to be a freaking zoo. I'd be willing to bet the SS won't be hunting counterfeiters in the months leading up to this god awful extravaganza. It is bringing money to the city however; desperately needed money.

I currently live in the Steele Creek area and used to practice law in the Charlotte area.  I'm hearing that in the backrooms the locals are freaking out because they KNOW they're going to be overrun.  They're not sure how to handle it, or where they can get the extra manpower to handle the crowds.  When you take into consideration the security, traffic control and the other things involved - they're afraid they won't have enough personnel to run any calls that are not imminently life threatening.

I don't know for sure, but that's what I'm hearing.  What I DO know is that some of the larger financial institutions downtown are looking at alternatives to having people report to the office for that week..

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do yall think?

Come down to Great Falls and hang out. We'll hit the range down in Leeds.

They've redone leeds. Nice new concrete, new benches and hooches over those benches. Looks good down there. Yaw come up to Indian Land and I'll take you to Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club. 300yrd range. And my favorite pass time, skeet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do yall think?

Come down to Great Falls and hang out. We'll hit the range down in Leeds.

They've redone leeds. Nice new concrete, new benches and hooches over those benches. Looks good down there. Yaw come up to Indian Land and I'll take you to Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club. 300yrd range. And my favorite pass time, skeet.

I've been wanting to shoot there. I hear it's really nice.

SPartan, I don't know you well enough to hate you. I'm sure we'd get along fine. Anyway, if you caused to much shit, we'd just duct tape you up and carry you down to Bonetown and drop you off at the Hell's Angels club.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#14]
SPartan, I don't know you well enough to hate you. I'm sure we'd get along fine. Anyway, if you caused to much shit, we'd just duct tape you up and carry you down to Bonetown and drop you off at the Hell's Angels club.

You know I carry a gun, right?

Seriously though, you name the place & I'll see if I can make it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You know I carry a gun, right?

Seriously though, you name the place & I'll see if I can make it.

Probably gonna be around spring of the year for me. April or May. Most of the shoots are held way away from here, so it'd be good to have a Charlotte/Columbia sort of thing going.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Probably gonna be around spring of the year for me. April or May. Most of the shoots are held way away from here, so it'd be good to have a Charlotte/Columbia sort of thing going.

I'd be interested in a get together. Assuming I can make it and you guys don't mind another tagging along.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, now just wait a minute here  

Gimme time to un-ass the AO first.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Charlotte PD couldn't even handle the mini riot at Speed Street, it'll be funny to watch how they handle the convention.  I hope my vacation request that week gets approved it'll be a massive bitch to come to uptown.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I live in Rock Hill and work near the airport in Charlotte. I hope to schedule my self at a customer that week.

If anybody is up for Sporting Clays we can go shoot a round down in Chester County.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so, I'm more hated locally than Bev Perdue but thanks for the thought.

Damn man, what have you done?  Killed puppies at a first grade show and tell?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:39:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do yall think?

I'm just here To say hi to the feds reAdinG this thread.

Hi, guys!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys that live in the area need to take vacation and rent out

your place. $$$$$ Just choose renters wisely. When I worked at

Pinehurst people did that for the Open and made some serious

cash.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

cash.
Hell I do not want hippies in my house...

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You'll be fine.

that. If it will make you feel better you can come stay at my house and we can patrol the parimiter.. I am 3 miles from downtown.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

hold your fire.. freindlies in the area.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#26]
i am less concerned with chaos than i am for traffic. Its going to be a fucking zoo.. I considered taking the week off to avoid traffic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, now just wait a minute here  

Gimme time to un-ass the AO first.  

My best friend should be there. He was 2/504 B Co Mortar till a few years ago when he got injured. You won't be lonely there. Hopefully you guys will un-ass this AO and not have to ass another one anytime soon. Catch a little break.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I live in Rock Hill and work near the airport in Charlotte. I hope to schedule my self at a customer that week.

If anybody is up for Sporting Clays we can go shoot a round down in Chester County.

Where at? I live a mile south of the Chester county line on 200. Just don't think us Great Falls boys will be carrying them fancy skeet/clay guns. You think I can shoot them with my .45, or my 6.8?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
cash.

Pinehurst people are a whole different kind of people than what's going to be showing up for the  convention.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cash.

Pinehurst people are a whole different kind of people than what's going to be showing up for the  convention.

What he said.. im not leaving those kinds of guns for the dumb asses to steal or call the cops about..
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate you.

Yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where at? I live a mile south of the Chester county line on 200. Just don't think us Great Falls boys will be carrying them fancy skeet/clay guns. You think I can shoot them with my .45, or my 6.8?
Rocky Creek It is south of Richburg. My Son shoots on there youth team. Hell bring a pump if you want. They have guns you can rent also. Um they would frown on that. No Rifle or pistol range but they are not snobs. Bring what you dove, or duck hunt with.

http://www.rockycreeksportingclays.com/test.index.html

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You'll be fine.

It may not be Detroit but it also has its bad elements,as with any location.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be fine.

It may not be Detroit but it also has its bad elements,as with any location.

Yeah, I had the fun job of working nights for extra money after I got finished with my car sales job a Town and Country Ford. I was one of the Repo guys. This was back when crime was bad in Charlotte in the late 80s and early 90s. I found myself constantly at the clubs at 2am around Church street and Tryon picking up cars. Yeah, I got chased, hollered at, drawn on, in fights, all kinds of funky fun stuff. Being surrounded by 50 of Leroy Ainagonnapay's best friends at night ain't fun. Most of the time I could just sneak up to the car with our key, and hop in a ride off. One dipshit shot at me when I was leaving and called the cops to report it stolen. It was fun.

Nice city now compared to then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top