Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:19:21 PM EDT
Does the CMMG 22 conversion BCG function in my full auto lower?

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The standard CMMG conversion kits require to additional parts two work with a FA lower. One is the sear trip that goes on the bolt and I can not recall the second piece. We have a CMMG kit that we run in the shop's Colt M4 and it runs great, like I said you just need those two extra parts. Hopefully someone on here will have the name for the other part as my mind is drawing a blank.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask CMMG?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Sear trip and anti-bounce weight.... found an older thread on here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/433164_CMMG_conversion_kit_in_full_auto_.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ask CMMG?
Are they open, no , so if you have anymore fucking help ?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
When I got mine, the first mag dumped itself in about 1 second.  Talk about 'whoa, wtf..'  I was shooting indoors and just happy to have not shot the ceiling.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just beware of leading. I didn't run any 5.56mm through the upper at first... Big mistake. I plugged my gas tube something fierce.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just beware of leading. I didn't run any 5.56mm through the upper at first... Big mistake. I plugged my gas tube something fierce.
Me too, but it took all of 4 rounds of .223 to fix it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
CMMG only has semi-auto kits right now.
Told me they are working on a full-auto version but won't be before 1st quarter of 2012.
With Jonathan Ceiner's legal problems right now, I can't find a reseller that has the sear trip or anti-bounce weight parts available.
I'd appreciate a heads up if you run across a source.
I'm leaning towards a .22 dedicated upper if I can't get a sear trip soon.
Gonna research the dedicated uppers at shot show.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Me too, but it took all of 4 rounds of .223 to fix it.

I put 20 through it, no joy, i had a straight pull AR. I had to drive the FSB pins out and move the FSB forward. And then twirl a hand drill in my fingers to reopen the gas port. I still need to run more rounds through to ensure everything is copacetic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
IM Circuits.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When I got mine, the first mag dumped itself in about 1 second.  Talk about 'whoa, wtf..'  I was shooting indoors and just happy to have not shot the ceiling.

If you cant handle a FA .22 in a gun as heavy as the AR you really dont need to be around guns
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you cant handle a FA .22 in a gun as heavy as the AR you really dont need to be around guns

Are you high, son?  Because you're posting like you're all hopped up on the pot.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you high, son?  Because you're posting like you're all hopped up on the pot.

hahahaha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top