Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2012 3:59:01 PM EDT
Ok. Ive been attacked. I do not understand why they are. You can have them but not bother you? But then they can become inflamed? And they burn and itch...does it stop? It says they can shrink from whatvi read.

Prep h says it soothes and helps shrink tissue. So im goin on about 10 days. Pain is gone. Itching is not too bad now but i see no sign of shrinking. Should i just go to the doc?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you dehydrated?

That seems to cause them to act up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You should go to the doc about this, and not self-diagnose it.  Serious.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL

A Marine I used to work with would pop them via the squeezing method, try it OP.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Spend less time sitting down?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Those things are a real pain in the ass. No really.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to the doc
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should go to the doc about this, and not self-diagnose it.  Serious.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok. Ive been attacked. I do not understand why they are. You can have them but not bother you? But then they can become inflamed? And they burn and itch...does it stop? It says they can shrink from whatvi read.

Prep h says it soothes and helps shrink tissue. So im goin on about 10 days. Pain is gone. Itching is not too bad now but i see no sign of shrinking. Should i just go to the doc?

They must be really swollen if YOU can see em!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Do they bleed? if it's fresh blood you're probably just dealing with normal Hemorrhoids.  If the blood is older you might have a more serious issue.

Either way, if they keep up go see the Doctor.  It can be caused by stress, not enough fiber in your diet, caffeine, sedentary lifestyle or many other things.

Keep an eye on it.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I was about an hour into a 5 hour drive to get back from a job interview the 1st time I had them act up on me.
I was thinking about standing on the backseat and leaning over to reach the steering wheel, thinking about it real hard.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a doc check it out. He gave me a scrip that im still waitin on the pharmacy to fill. Im just wonderin if there is any chance that it will shrink away and how long does it usually take.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I got nothing. Not a damn thing to say at all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I had a doc check it out. He gave me a scrip that im still waitin on the pharmacy to fill. Im just wonderin if there is any chance that it will shrink away and how long does it usually take.

Between 7:59pm and now you saw a doc?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Avoid sitting on hard surfaces. They will go away in no time with whatever the doctor gave you to rub on them.

I suggest Prep H wipes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Close to poop thread?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Shotgun shells in the freezer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His next door neighbor ?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#20]
You should IM axl on here... he has some innovative hemorroid treatments.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to go for stitches a few days ago and asked the doc while i was there. Howevwr i did not ask any questions other that can you give me something.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine pretty much went away when I stopped drinking soda. How bout a change in your diet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#23]
A few years back i felt mine Pop. Bloody mess.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#24]
After dealing with them for a couple years, here's some wisdom for you, and trust me I read books talked to doctors, you name it:

1. Diet & exercise are the best prevention, period. Now that you're dealing with them, you're prone and they WILL be back if you don't make some changes. More fiber, less fat, get in shape and you will likely not have to deal with it again.

2. Straining can exacerbate them, so read above about fiber and learn to relax your poo out...don't EVER force it or you'll stress the muscles and vessels. Also, don't sit on the toilet all day with your legs underneath you...prop your legs up a bit so you're not resting on your ass.

3. Sitz bath after a bowel movement really help to reduce swelling and itching.

4. You want NO part of traditional surgery - it's painful, barbaric, and doesn't even guarantee they won't return. Laser is much easier to deal with, albeit a bit more expensive. If your doctor is recommending a traditional hemorrhoidectomy, get a second opinion.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The doctor teleported over there...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shotgun shells in the freezer.

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

They can go away on their own in a week or so, or a couple months, and sometimes they get thrombosed and will require surgery.

Like I said above, fiber is your friend. Take some metamucil every day, make it a part of your diet and get some normal dietary fiber too...oatmeal, applesauce, etc. Your shit should come out effortlessly and require no wiping....that means it's not stressing or irritating your rectal tract and will GREATLY speed the healing.

Trust me, your ass is telling you to make some changes. Listen, cause you want no part of serious issues back there.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After dealing with them for a couple years, here's some wisdom for you, and trust me I read books talked to doctors, you name it:

1. Diet & exercise are the best prevention, period. Now that you're dealing with them, you're prone and they WILL be back if you don't make some changes. More fiber, less fat, get in shape and you will likely not have to deal with it again.

2. Straining can exacerbate them, so read above about fiber and learn to relax your poo out...don't EVER force it or you'll stress the muscles and vessels. Also, don't sit on the toilet all day with your legs underneath you...prop your legs up a bit so you're not resting on your ass.3. Sitz bath after a bowel movement really help to reduce swelling and itching.

4. You want NO part of traditional surgery - it's painful, barbaric, and doesn't even guarantee they won't return. Laser is much easier to deal with, albeit a bit more expensive. If your doctor is recommending a traditional hemorrhoidectomy, get a second opinion.

This is that
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So the Dr. Didn't answer any of that for you?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay, it is very rare that I ever give useful or even factual information in GD, but I will this one time.......

A chiropractor once told a guy, and this guy later told me how to deal with hemorrhoids.

You lay flat on your back and place your legs on a chair or any object that will elevate your legs to roughly a 30 to 45 degree angle. Do this every day for at least 30 minutes a day.

This is the honest truth, it worked for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to go for stitches a few days ago and asked the doc while i was there. Howevwr i did not ask any questions other that can you give me something.

On any pain meds from the stitches?

(They can cause constipation, and the straining then helps to cause 'roids).

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Okay, it is very rare that I ever give useful or even factual information in GD, but I will this one time.......

A chiropractor once told a guy, and this guy later told me how to deal with hemorrhoids.

You lay flat on your back and place your legs on a chair or any object that will elevate your legs to roughly a 30 to 45 degree angle. Do this every day for at least 30 minutes a day.

how many days before results........
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Go get it checked out and do whatever they tell you to do. I had the traditional surgery in 1988, take my word for it you do not want it to come to that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how many days before results........

I can't remember. Just elevating the legs gave me temporary relief, and after a few weeks I was feeling much better. That was back in 94 and I have had very little trouble since. Every once in a great while there will be burning like they are going to act up again and I start doing the 30 minute exersise  for a few days and I am good for year to year and a half.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Get your chamber brush and cleaning rod and attach to a drill.

No more roids.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Have you tried soaking in the bathtub?

Like the other poster.  Are you dehydrated?

If they are not itching and the pain is mostly gone, it sounds like you have got past the worst part of the flare up.
My doctor told me, its important to see the doctor as soon as you get a flare up.  But, after the the discomfort is mostly gone, there isn't much the doctor can do.

Try changing you shoes, if you stand a lot.  Try sitting down if you stand a lot.  Drink plenty of water, soak in the bathtub.  And good luck.

***I'm not a doctor, or any kind of medical professional***

I feel your pain, brother.  I've only had a couple of flare UPS in my life, Ive never had a history of them, but man.  They will bring a grown man to their knees.

If you are having them frequently, definitely go to the doctor.  Don't screw around with any bunghole issues.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#40]
OP

And folks will laugh, I have mentioned this before but this will fix your problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Luxe-MB110-Non-Electric-Mechanical-Attachment/dp/B001KKRCFA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325728581&sr=8-4

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
A few years ago I had a blood clot pierce one of my hemorrhoids. It wasnt fun when they put 3 needles in my asshole for local anesthesia so they then could sew my asshole back up. Now when I get one I just use some prep H and push the son-of-a-bitch back up in there. Like new the next day.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Ice them down. No shit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Would it  be possible to use an upside down bottle of compressed air and flash it with nice cold air to freeze the roid or not?
Compressed air cans come with a mini straw.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#44]
System Message oughtta be good.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I was resisting posting anything about hemorrhoids (the whole poop thread thing)  but now that the seal is broken....

I got em a couple weeks ago.  went to dr, he prescribed me suppositories.  WHO IN THE HELL EVER DEVISED THESE EVIL, SLIPPERY, AWKWARD, EMBARRASSING, F'in THINGS???????  

Holy crap who ever thought this one up?  Your on your own with these, I wouldnt ask anyone to assist me with this process.  you try to administer them and they try to escape.  I will not go into details but I gave up.

Luckily Between epson salt baths, fiber suppliants,  and wet wipes. they have receded.  THANK GOD!  because I couldn't take the meds, I tried, but couldn't close the deal; err well the deal was closed to well.  ummmmmm.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Guy calls his doctor.
"Doc you gotta prescribe a different hemhorroid medicine."
"Why?"
"That stuff tastes terrible!"
"You're not supposed to eat them."
" What am I supposed to do, STICK EM UP MY ASS?"
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Mine pretty much went away when I stopped drinking soda. How bout a change in your diet?

You know, I never thought about it until you mentioned it...but I gave up soda last year for a New Year's resolution...didn't have any problems last year at all...

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:37:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Get a bidet

Really
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#49]
The wife is dealing with them at the moment, happens a lot in pregnancy.

Lots of fiber helps, lots of baths, but one surprising thing that has helped shrink them is witch hazel pads, you can get them at the pharmacy or grocery store, just tuck one between your cheeks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GG850U/
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:47:07 AM EDT
[#50]
OP listen to me. Go up to Walgreens or CVS and look for a box labeled "Sitz bath" buy it. Inside you'll find a plastic bag you fill up with hot water (as hot as you can stand). Fill that puppy up and sit down on the toilet and feed that plastic hose right up to your asshole. Turn the motherfucker on and you will be cured in a few days. 2x a day should do the trick...

Until you go in for surgery at the Laser Center.

EDIT: And for pete's sake, don't wipe your ass w/hard strokes. Pat it down. If you have the roids and you start diggin in there w/baby wipes or whatever paper you use, you're running a risk of tearing the lining, and when you do that, your inner sphincter could start involuntarily spasms, and if that happens, you are going to be up the fucking creek without a paddle. Good luck.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top