Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 1:38:26 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I will be starting a youtube show here int he next coulple months and i need a good comcorder but don't know much about them. I would like one that shoots in full 1080p and also one that you can use an external mic also I will be shooting inside and outside,moving objects and doing interviews also any help would be great
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
anybody???
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the morning cerew can help me??
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
How much do you want to spend?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
For consumer stuff i like canon. Sony is decent too.

You are looking for full hd 1080p recording capability
As well as non linear storage. No tape in other words.

Hard drive is ok but cards (solid state sd or compact flash)
Will Be most common and economical. Get one that accepts the fastest
cards available.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How much do you want to spend?

Couple hundred bucks trying to stay under $500 if possible because i stil have to buy the mic's try pod and all that fun stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Wife got a me a Sony CX130 for x-mas.

Wide angle lens, massive zoom, 1080p, image stabilizer....yadda yadda.

I'm a still photo kinda guy, and haven't played with this much but I like it. Nice mid-range inexpensive camera.

Edit: CX130 is well under $500.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#8]
After spending many hours just this week researching sub-$500 HD camcorders, I decided on the Panasonic HDC-SD90.

To me, it seems to have the best color, sharpest image, and best zoom of all the others out there at this price point.

There are several good videos on for it on YouTube.  Just make sure you click on the 1080p playback option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top