Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:29:59 PM EDT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_4

nerds are a free source of labor??

get the nerds involved, harness their need to display their nerd smartness, profit

think about it - that document didn't write itself, it represents hours, maybe days of labor
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

get the nerds involved, harness their need to display their nerd smartness, profit

think about it - that document didn't write itself, it represents hours, maybe days of labor

Well I doubt any one person wrote the majority of that. It's the combination of dozens (if not hundreds) of peoples knowledge, created over several years of intermittent editing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has time to write Read this stuff and why would they bother?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand the quandary. You seem to be surprised that people took the time to write an article about Route 4, while not recognizing that at least half a million vehicles use the road every day. It traverses Bergen County, which is the most populated county in New Jersey at 905,000 people.

Wikipedia lists plenty of highways from all over the world. Considering the number of businesses that use that road and are located there, it would surprise me if it wasn't discussed in detail. Yes, I spent many years sitting in traffic on Route 4.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who work hard to make our highway systems work.  Try reading the zipper merge study we did in Minnesota.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Now I can store my vast knowledge of "Route Four" in the back of my mind just in case some day it saves my ass.

Thanks for posting this.

GM
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now I can store my vast knowledge of "Route Four" in the back of my mind just in case some day it saves my ass.

Thanks for posting this.

GM

this is part of your slum dog millionaire adventure. it will serve you well later in life.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cool.  This should be a good one to test the "6 clicks to Hitler" thing.

ETA:  Not really––-3 clicks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top