Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 12:21:57 PM EDT
I believe they should have to resign from their current position in order to run for a different elected office.
How can they possibly do their job that they were elected for, when they are going all over the country trying to get a new job. Would your boss let you do that? I don't think so.
What say you?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I believe they should have to resign from their current position in order to run for a different elected office.
How can they possibly do their job that they were elected for, when they are going all over the country trying to get a new job. Would your boss let you do that? I don't think so.
What say you?

It's called politics.  Run for another office while in the current elected one.  If you win you resign and your Party assigns someone to take your place.  The Party retain both seats without risk.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it also depends on what level of government, at the county level if you are already an elected official and want to run for a different position I'm pretty sure that you do have to resign.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They can either quit and run for the new position, or get fired for slacking on their job and priorities. (assumptions in motion)
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All you need to do is amend the US Constitution and the 50 state constitutions ... over the objection of every elected official in the country.
Good Luck, Don Quixote!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top