Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:47:11 AM EDT

One week in Jamaica. The pleasant memories of 85 deg. every day and beautiful sand and surf have been eclipsed by itchiness that does not seem to have an upper limit.

I stopped counting, but I have over 100 red, itchy welts on my lower legs that I believe are from sand fleas.

Waterboarding or going through another night like last night? Hmmmmm ..........  Let me get my swim trunks.

Use some 1% Cortizone or Benedryl you say? Nothing. Does absolutely nothing. My gf was after to me to use aloe, and I told her please, I know what I'm doing.

(more proof that I actually don't know what I'm doing, because I bought a couple gallons of the stuff and it actually provides more relief that the medicated lotions)

Ever have a really bad mosquito bite that is insanely itchy, and just gets worse the more you scratch it? This X 100.

My life is full of itch.

FUCK.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Actual insect bites, or the microscopic jellyfish larvae that so many erroneously call 'sand fleas'.

Since they are on your legs and not along your belt line or other areas entrapped by your clothes, I'm guessing that it's actual insects.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like bites from plain ole fleas.

Sand fleas bite you everywhere and you damn well know it when they do.

Ahhh memories of "letting them eat" because "they were here before I was".
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Actual insect bites, or the microscopic jellyfish larvae that so many erroneously call 'sand fleas'.

Since they are on your legs and not along your belt line or other areas entrapped by your clothes, I'm guessing that it's actual insects.

I dunno.

Wearing shorts the entire time and the affected area is the exposed part you would expect. This along with the fact I spent alot of time sitting in a chair with my feet in the sand, had me guessing the sand fleas.

I was also warned by some Rasta man about them when I slapped at my ankle once.

Quoted:
Sounds like bites from plain ole fleas.

Sand fleas bite you everywhere and you damn well know it when they do.

Ahhh memories of "letting them eat" because "they were here before I was".

The tough part is I really didn't even feel like I was getting eaten. A couple times I felt something, but it was not a big deal.

Apparently, it actually was a big deal.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

One week in Jamaica. The pleasant memories of 85 deg. every day and beautiful sand and surf have been eclipsed by itchiness that does not seem to have an upper limit.

I stopped counting, but I have over 100 red, itchy welts on my lower legs that I believe are from sand fleas.

Waterboarding or going through another night like last night? Hmmmmm ..........  Let me get my swim trunks.

Use some 1% Cortizone or Benedryl you say? Nothing. Does absolutely nothing. My gf was after to me to use aloe, and I told her please, I know what I'm doing.

(more proof that I actually don't know what I'm doing, because I bought a couple gallons of the stuff and it actually provides more relief that the medicated lotions)

Ever have a really bad mosquito bite that is insanely itchy, and just gets worse the more you scratch it? This X 100.

My life is full of itch.

FUCK.

soak your legs in as hot of water as you can stand
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My life is full of itch.

FUCK.

soak your legs in as hot of water as you can stand

My ears are open to all advice.

I will say in my research it has been suggested to avoid hot water, though.

I don't care if it's concentrated hydrochloric acid. If it will help with this I will soak in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top