Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 10:15:35 AM EDT
OK now that speculation and Iran are going to drive gasoline prices through the roof once again.....understanding the white house is full re-election mode how will they spin this....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a plug to help out; I have no interest in this web site except to use it:

gasbuddy.com

Helps you to find the lowest gas prices near you.

You are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Cause Iran is Long some Oil contracts to hedge the resolutions passed on them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]

They will just blame it on republicans and congress for not giving Obama the tools he needed to prevent the price increases. Almost anything would work. Republicans who voted to end ethanol subsidies. Congress not supporting more of Obamas green energy initiative. Politics for derailing the keystone pipeline.

With today's media, the White House can claim whatever they want without the burden of having to prove it is actually true. It just needs to be somewhat related to citable sources or information. Anything contradictory to the official message can just be buried in articles or stories or else associated with extremist views.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Bush's fault
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Ethanol subsidies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know guys...if gasoline gets out of control people will go absolutely ape shit.....unemployment at 8.6% mehhh.....GDP stagnant mehh.......the US Dollar in the sewer mehhh.....all that shit means nothing to most sheeple but hit them with $5.00 a gallon gasoline and tell them they wont be able to afford the cable bill so they can watch the kardashians and the oprah network and look out.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure that Speculating should be a crime punishable by slow agonizing torture.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know guys...if gasoline gets out of control people will go absolutely ape shit.....unemployment at 8.6% mehhh.....GDP stagnant mehh.......the US Dollar in the sewer mehhh.....all that shit means nothing to most sheeple but hit them with $5.00 a gallon gasoline and tell them they wont be able to afford the cable bill so they can watch the kardashians and the oprah network and look out.....

Thats what they said about $4 dollar gas.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a plug to help out; I have no interest in this web site except to use it:

gasbuddy.com

Helps you to find the lowest gas prices near you.

You are welcome.

I have the app for android and it is awesome especially for trips.  You can see gas stations on that map with 5-30 cents cheaper by driving less than a mile beyond the interstate exit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know guys...if gasoline gets out of control people will go absolutely ape shit.....unemployment at 8.6% mehhh.....GDP stagnant mehh.......the US Dollar in the sewer mehhh.....all that shit means nothing to most sheeple but hit them with $5.00 a gallon gasoline and tell them they wont be able to afford the cable bill so they can watch the kardashians and the oprah NBA network and look out.....

FIFY.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know guys...if gasoline gets out of control people will go absolutely ape shit.....unemployment at 8.6% mehhh.....GDP stagnant mehh.......the US Dollar in the sewer mehhh.....all that shit means nothing to most sheeple but hit them with $5.00 a gallon gasoline and tell them they wont be able to afford the cable bill so they can watch the kardashians and the oprah NBA network and look out.....

FIFY.

thanks and yes it better illustrates my point.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY.

thanks and yes it better illustrates my point.....

Riiiight, can you say, EBT pays for gas????

It may not now but if gas hit $5 a gallon Hussein would EO that. Problem for him solved
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Don't you just find it odd that at the same time the ethanol subsidies end there's shit going on in the middle east that they can blame the price of gas on?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope, still dropping here.
went down 4 cents  in december, dropped 4 more cents  yesterday.
    They are almost giving the 87 octane  away here... $4.13 a gallon at the pump.
Discounts for  bulk delivery.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pretty sure that Speculating should be a crime punishable by slow agonizing torture.

You are Speculating with that Statement.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the Poor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They will just blame it on republicans and congress for not giving Obama the tools he needed to prevent the price increases. Almost anything would work. Republicans who voted to end ethanol subsidies. Congress not supporting more of Obamas green energy initiative. Politics for derailing the keystone pipeline.

With today's media, the White House can claim whatever they want without the burden of having to prove it is actually true. It just needs to be somewhat related to citable sources or information. Anything contradictory to the official message can just be buried in articles or stories or else associated with extremist views.

Hammer meet nail.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And did you notice how hard the economy slumped in the wake of that?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And did you notice how hard the economy slumped in the wake of that?

Nope.  I saw it shit before then.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bush's fault

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Election time.....Gas gonna be CHEEEEP!  It's for all the kind, kind faces out there
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Gas dropped two cents since I refilled my tank on  Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I pay around $4.50 for diesel right now. It's getting insane here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Refineries took too long to switch over from the Summer Blend.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I pay around $4.50 for diesel right now. It's getting insane here.

It dipped below $4.00 around Christmas. First time I've seen it below 4 bucks in a long time.

It rose right back up though. Currently at $4.09.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#25]
They'll blame it on the ethanol subsidies expiring.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I filled up for $2.98 Christmas week. Lowest I've seen in several years.

It's up to $3.16 here now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought it at $2.95 a week ago and $3.15 today.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
2.74 here at Costco yesterday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top