Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 9:44:44 AM EDT
I needed some work/hard use khakis (non blue jeans anyway, they can be brown, loden, etc) and wanted to get the toughest, most bang for the buck.

So far the Wrangler Riggs and Duluth Firehose may be ok.

Anyone have any experience with the Riggs or Duluth pants?

Any other good/tough brands of khaki type pants to look at?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
dickies? carhartt?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I wear Dickies every day and they stand up to all of the abuse I give them.

Fairly inexpensive too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I've worn Mountain Khakis for work and they are tough. My older pairs are now my hunting pants and they are still going strong.

Look at the original mountain pant.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple of firehouse pants from Duluth. They are awesome. Not exactly soft, but they will hold up to damn near anything, I've had a pair for at least a year and have yet to wear them out after fairly heavy use.Also they have a ton of pockets , and I think they have some kind of warranty never had to use it though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
any other work pants people have experience with?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I love every stitch of clothing I've ordered from Duluth.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 pair of the Riggs pants.  They are great.  Use them for everyday and also used them in a 4 day rifle course.    I also like Carhartt double knee brown duck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Filson's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This , they're warranty is GOOD , wife just sent back 4 pair with some holes , I do  alot of welding and other rough stuff , they sent out the new ones right away , except they discontinued one color , about 3 days later , I got a CHECK for the amount of a new pair, about $15.00 more than I had paid for the originals, probably 5+ years ago

I guess , it paid off for them , wife just ordered about $300.00 worth of stuff for Christmas gifts.

Not the cheapest stuff but it's made for people who do ACTIVE type jobs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wear Dickies every day and they stand up to all of the abuse I give them.

Fairly inexpensive too.

I just bought a pair of dickies last week and will buy another pair or two when I can get to the store.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do  alot of welding and other rough stuff  

I was just getting ready to ask if they hold up to welding/grinding better than normal jeans.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do  alot of welding and other rough stuff  

I was just getting ready to ask if they hold up to welding/grinding better than normal jeans.

Yes , and the warranty is good for ANY cause.
I actually felt bad about sending them in , I wear them 12+ hours a day 6 days a week.

I had a BAD fall 2 years ago on some broken concrete with rebar sticking out , tore the S%#T out my knee , not a mark on the pants , I was amazed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
In my experience; Duluth pants are way better than Carhartt or Mountain Khakis.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've worn Mountain Khakis for work and they are tough. My older pairs are now my hunting pants and they are still going strong.

Look at the original mountain pant.

QFT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top