BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 10:09:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]

"C" is for clever.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
When life gives ya lemons, make lemoade..
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of violations would get you a 'C'?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I dunno about you, but good chinese restaurants are always B/C in L.A. County. The only one that gets an A is Panda Express
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

look, if a mexican food joint has a rating better than a C, i'm not interested in dining there. the quality of the Mexican food is directly proportional to the size of the largest cockroach crawling in the facility.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as theres not bugs or rodents in my food and I don't get sick, what goes on behind the scenes is nothing I want to know.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The shitter of kentucky
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno about you, but good chinese restaurants are always B/C in L.A. County. The only one that gets an A is Panda Express

You mean the Mexican restaurant that puts soy sauce in everything?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on the city. In Charlotte NC its on a 100 point scale and each violation docks some points. Here are some real grades from restaurants there. Grades are displayed on the news. To get a C would be like losing 20-30 points. Basically one of the most disgusting places to eat imaginable.

Bojangles
Grade: 87.5
7047 South Blvd.
Infractions include: German roaches present in kitchen.
Date of Inspection: Nov. 30

Fu Shing
Grade: 88.5
8134 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd.
Infractions include: Chicken wing that was dropped on the floor was picked up and placed in bucket with other wings.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The shitter of kentucky

Quoted for goddamn truth.
Louisville sucks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Sneaky. Very sneaky.

Grades very from area to area, and sometimes even by health inspector or how their day is going.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never seen a C and the only B I have seen was one hell of a dirty restaurant.  
I think they close down restaurants that rate lower than a B in my area until they get a re-inspection.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
We got a high B(88) once because the inspector was total bitch. She docked five points because the lid to the tank on our toilet was missing, it somehow broke two days prior. BTW, you can't just buy a tank lid and any home improvement store, you have to buy the whole damn tank. Took off three because of "excess mess on prep table", she was looking at the dough rolling station where there's flour on the boards to prevent sticking –– flour gets everywhere. And another four points because I didn't have my current food safety certificate handy, I took it with me to show a health inspector at our other location that I had one.

Called two days later and asked for another inspector and reinspection –– got an A (94). The second inspector even said the other one is a complete bitch and hates her job.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#14]
"F"antastic Food Inside
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sneaky. Very sneaky.

Grades very from area to area, and sometimes even by health inspector or how their day is going.

At the food distribution facility where I work has a yearly OSHA inspection. Last year we received a 99 rating in cleanliness . The funny thing is, the year prior our janitor spent a month preparing and received an 87. The year after he did not prepare at all. So yeah, I agree it has a lot to do with their mood.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shitter of kentucky

Louisville sucks.

You guys have never been to Irvine, KY I take it? If Louisville is the shitter, then Irvine is the septic tank.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shitter of kentucky

Louisville sucks.

You guys have never been to Irvine, KY I take it? If Louisville is the shitter, then Irvine is the septic tank.

im in the next county over. Irvine is a shitty place, but Louisville is just shitty on a larger scale
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Worked at a BBQ place in highschool we scored a whole 57/100

On re-inspect 2 days later we got a 40 somethin

Show up for work the next day.  Shut down
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The shitter of kentucky

Louisville sucks.

im in the next county over. Irvine is a shitty place, but Louisville is just shitty on a larger scale

Apparently you guys have never been to Beattyville.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shitter of kentucky

Louisville sucks.

I grew up in Irvine, I still have cousins in Beattyville. Irvine is way worse. Our "best" restaurant for ten years or so had a "C" rating,  to get back on track.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sneaky. Very sneaky.

At the food distribution facility where I work has a yearly OSHA inspection. Last year we received a 99 rating in cleanliness . The funny thing is, the year prior our janitor spent a month preparing and received an 87. The year after he did not prepare at all. So yeah, I agree it has a lot to do with their mood.
Or the amount of the payoff to the inspector......

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Its the kind of meat they use
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"C" is for clever.

First post.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A piece of lettuce walking across your plate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Depends on the city. In Charlotte NC its on a 100 point scale and each violation docks some points. Here are some real grades from restaurants there. Grades are displayed on the news. To get a C would be like losing 20-30 points. Basically one of the most disgusting places to eat imaginable.

Bojangles
7047 South Blvd.

Fu Shing
Infractions include: Chicken wing that was dropped on the floor was picked up and placed in bucket with other wings.

Were they heading for the Polish Sausage ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the Mexican restaurant that puts soy sauce in everything?

Truth.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wing Hunt!!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bojangles

7047 South Blvd.

Fu Shing

Were they heading for the Polish Sausage ?

What you did there? I see it

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bojangles
7047 South Blvd.

Fu Shing

Wing Hunt!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bojangles
7047 South Blvd.

Fu Shing

There are enough rules that any restaraunt that pisses off an inspector can plan on failing.  'Infractions' can be a lid on a garbage can not being closed . . . even when being used.  All depends on how the inspector feels that day, whether or not his wife is paying him the attention he feels he deserves . . . etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#32]
In my area of ontario it is a green yellow red system where green means you're good for a year, yellow are non critical violations which you have 2 weeks to repair, and red I believe is closing you down until you fix issues.

Having worked in franchise fast food for many years, starting as staff and into management as I put myself through college, the place would have to be be absolutely disgusting to receive a yellow or red, and I would seriously contemplate a restaurants quality controls if they were to receive one, and then recover from it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bojangles
7047 South Blvd.

Fu Shing

There are enough rules that any restaraunt that pisses off an inspector can plan on failing.  'Infractions' can be a lid on a garbage can not being closed . . . even when being used.  All depends on how the inspector feels that day, whether or not his wife is paying him the attention he feels he deserves . . . etc.

Sort of like cops and tickets......
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

look, if a mexican food joint has a rating better than a C, i'm not interested in dining there. the quality of the Mexican food is directly proportional to the size of the largest cockroach crawling in the facility.

Here here!

or

Hear hear!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

you win all the internets in the world

Finding a way to cram a portal reference in here has made my day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Our Health Department has used a light meter in our cooler AND timed the amount of time until 120 degree water reaches the faucet.  Grades accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not paying the inspector enough....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shitter of kentucky

Louisville sucks.

yeah its bad too, my wife is from there.  Lee county has its good and bad spots
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

story?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Well that's epic. I do like the cardinals though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#42]
The problem with restaurant inspections is that in a lot of places, there is effectively no difference between one major violation and a lot of small violations.  For example, in my area, if somebody was jerking off onto a pizza or shitting on a cutting board, it would be a 5-point critical violation.  If that was the only problem that the inspector found, the restaurant would receive a 95/100.  (In reality, they would immediately shut the restaurant down for a serious health hazard, but the score would remain the same.)  Another restaurant could be clean and sanitary, with properly trained staff appropriately handling food, and could have some missing caulk around their mop sink, an air gap that is a half-inch too short in their bar sink, a bottle of asprin on a shelf next to the door, peeling paint in the bathroom, and a bottle of quat solution that isn't labeled.  They would receive the same score.  Obviously, there is a major difference between someone shitting on a cutting board, and five minor things that, in the history of food, have never actually made anybody sick.  But as far as the inspection score goes, they are the same.  

Also, he inspection score depends entirely on the inspector and the day that the inspection is done.  I have had inspectors walk through the kitchen, stick a biotherm in a couple of items, shine a flashlight in the corners, and check the thermometers in the coolers, and walk out ten minutes later.  I have also had an inspector on her hands and knees inspecting the underside of a table and ensuring that our shelves were 6 inches off the floor and not 5.5 inches.  She spent an hour on the inspection.  

My major complaint about restaurant inspections is that, in all but the worst cases, restaurant kitchens are still cleaner than home kitchens.  If your home kitchen had a full inspection by a good inspector, they would all fail.  People are horrified by a score in the 70s, but their home kitchen would probably score in the teens or 20s.  

(For what it's worth, my kitchens have never scored below a 90.)
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well that's epic. I do like the cardinals though.

You must be struck down for your blasphemous words
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top