Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2012 9:02:04 PM EDT
I understand most of the other drugs.....it "feels good"

What about meth?  Why do people start doing meth?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just something to kill time while waiting to fuck your sister?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Same reason.  Makes them feel euphoric, on top of the world...as though they are invincible.  I deal with meth heads daily as part of my job unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you seen the people on meth? They look AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Faster, stronger, stay up all night.
Cheaper than cocaine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably the same reason as other amphetamines. They want more energy to do shit. That's why college kids love adderall.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol it's for looks?  That thread is what got me wondering.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol it's for looks?  That thread is what got me wondering.....

good for weight loss

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
cause tweaking is fun brah
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have NO idea, I LOVE sleeping, I can't imagine anyone wanting to take something that would keep one awake. If you need something to help you wake up in the morning, that is what "Wake the dead coffee" at 7-11 is for!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I asked the same question to users. The answer I got was "You wouldn't understand" unless you tried it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just something to kill time while waiting to fuck your sister?

Interdasting.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#12]
They hate their teeth.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Probably the same reason as other amphetamines. They want more energy to do shit. That's why college kids love adderall.

Pretty much, that's how a lot of blue collar people get into it too. Want to accomplish something after pulling a double? "Better try some of this."

As for me, I open a beer and fall asleep before I finish half of it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]
DO MORE SHIT
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]
is meth the same as pcp?, angel dust? sorry I'm an old fart.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

is meth the same as pcp?, angel dust?

Nope.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
too racist to do crack?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Adreneline rush times 1000. Same reason people bungee jump, this just comes in a bag.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
is meth the same as pcp?, angel dust? sorry I'm an old fart.

no

old fart translation:

Meth is like diet pills from the 70s but more fucked up.  Methamphetamine.  Trucker speed.  Biker Crank.  It's just super toxic because they are making it very impure with a lot of nasty chemicals in it.  Highly addictive.  Somebody on meth isn't as bad as somebody that needs their meth.  It mainly interests the trailer tard set, but has been known to affect every socio-economic group.  The first dose feels great. Like a stock broker who just hit it big. Subsequent doses will never be as good.

PCP and angel dust isn't really addictive.  Think bad acid trip every time.  It causes hallucinations, retarded gorilla strength and complete and total disassociation.  Someone on angel dust or PCP isn't as bad as someone who is on a comedown or hasn't had any for a while.  they are just generally retarded and not fun to be around because it attracts the dregs of society.  The first dose sucks as bad as the last, but some folks just love to get fucked up.  Hippies don't touch this shit because it isn't introspective in the least.  It just turns you into a goddamn rabid animal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

All drug use starts out with low self-esteem and peer pressure.

Meth is no different.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Because they wanna get fucked up..............More Fucked up
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#23]
when I was young and into doing stupid things I ran out of cocaine one time .....

tried meth....

It felt like I could never get enough to get where I needed to be which is why I assume it is so addicting. With cocaine you could do a bunch and be good for several hours rather than wanting to do it 24/7 and when you were out of cocaine at 4 am you accepted it and drank yourself to sleep.  With meth there was no sleep and it took me all morning to shake that shit off.   I didn't like it and never did it again.
Disclaimer: I have been drug free since I was 23 and my kid was conceived. Im not proud of anything I did before that but I don't mind sharing my experiences.

ETA: I know a few people who got into because they started on cocaine and cocaine can be really expensive. They got into meth because it is extremely cheap comparatively.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Gets you high and feels good just like any other drug. After a few days of no sleep and tweaking ballz it gets more interdasting...

Back in high school I did a fair amount of it. Started when we couldn't find or afford coke and some liked it more. I always liked the coke more but tweaking was much cheaper and you didn't have to snort a rail every twenty min.

Crazy things people do...

Meth burns like shit and your eye feels like it's on fire when you snort it. Tastes like shit too...

It truly fucks up your whole deal. Hard to describe how bad it makes you feel so you do more to try and avoid feeling..

Woke up in the ER on day and was told I had all but died (v-tac) and had nearly bit my tongue off in a seizure before my heart went all twacked out. Took a 9ga needle of some shit in my neck and squeezing bags to get BP up. Thank got I hate needles and never shot it nor did I some it.

That was Dec. 18, 1999... The day I walked away from drugs. Glad I did!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#26]
from what I have noticed, it is so you spend 3 hrs. doing a 40 min. job.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
from what I have noticed, it is so you spend 3 hrs. doing a 40 min. job.

More like "Why is this thing working so good?"

"I don't know. But we should take it apart and find out!"

Why do you think Home Depot is open 24 hours in some places? Tweaker projects at 4:28am need to be done, and by god why not profit on it@!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meth is no different.

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Because they are mental defects who prefer a destructive lifestyle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gets you high and feels good just like any other drug. After a few days of no sleep and tweaking ballz it gets more interdasting...

Back in high school I did a fair amount of it. Started when we couldn't find or afford coke and some liked it more. I always liked the coke more but tweaking was much cheaper and you didn't have to snort a rail every twenty min.

Meth burns like shit and your eye feels like it's on fire when you snort it. Tastes like shit too...

It truly fucks up your whole deal. Hard to describe how bad it makes you feel so you do more to try and avoid feeling..

Woke up in the ER on day and was told I had all but died (v-tac) and had nearly bit my tongue off in a seizure before my heart went all twacked out. Took a 9ga needle of some shit in my neck and squeezing bags to get BP up. Thank got I hate needles and never shot it nor did I some it.

Good for you, that's tough stuff to walk away from.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Boredom
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
when I was young and into doing stupid things I ran out of cocaine one time .....

tried meth....

It felt like I could never get enough to get where I needed to be which is why I assume it is so addicting. With cocaine you could do a bunch and be good for several hours rather than wanting to do it 24/7 and when you were out of cocaine at 4 am you accepted it and drank yourself to sleep.  With meth there was no sleep and it took me all morning to shake that shit off.   I didn't like it and never did it again.

Disclaimer: I have been drug free since I was 23 and my kid was conceived. Im not proud of anything I did before that but I don't mind sharing my experiences.

ETA: I know a few people who got into because they started on cocaine and cocaine can be really expensive. They got into meth because it is extremely cheap comparatively.

Wow, that is some hard stuff to walk away from. Glad you are clean and sober.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]

It's the cool friends you make.  

And it brings families together.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meth is no different.

I don't think so.

agreed. I was in the drug crowd and most of it starts out of curiosity and then builds from that.  The term gateway drug is NOT bullshit.  Not all kids end up progressing to the bad drugs but RARELY do they start off with the bad ones.  You star with beer and weed. That stuff is fun so you try something else. That is fun so you try the next thing.

There was very little pressure to do anything .  Most kids try it because everyone else is doing it and talking about how awesome it is. Not because someone is pushing them unwillingly. Im not seeing self esteem entering the equation anywhere either.  

Id say curiosity mixed with stupidity( the belief that you are invincible when you are young) is the main factors that lead to drug use.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#35]
We always know when we've hit a big meth house, besides the filth, cat piss smell, and rotten food everywhere, when we find the sex toys. Dear God, seen one of the biggest dildos ever in a meth house. Tweakers tell me that the sex is awesome and they can go for hours. They also say the women need "tool augmentation" , i.e., dildos.

It's been posted on here before, but there's a famous video where an eyewitness news reporter is standing outside a crack/meth house takedown when a plainclothes cop walks out with a two foot long pink dildo waving around in a box he's carrying. Funny shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't know about the meth that people smoke. In my day it was just powder and went by crank, but the whole crack thing had barely taken off either. The younger people mostly snorted crank in anticipation of partying all weekend. From their perspective it tended to negate somnewhat the effects of drinking etc. They were able to keep on partying but not be wasted. Knew a lot of people that did a lot of crank, but never knew any that were addicted. Very sporatic usage. As they got older it dwindled down to the guys that more or less were paid by the job sometimes did to catch up. A guy at a bodyshop pushig out a paintjob. A guy who overbid his capacity on a stockade fence job and so on. Still know a self employed guy who will smoke the meth stuff a few times a year to blast out some work. Although he also chuckles and claims nostalgia. He also claims though, that if he could still buy white crosses (ephedra) he'd just do that. I honestly think for the most part that it's mostly weak minded people who become the "methheads". Same as some people drink,but aren't drunks. Almost everyone I knew in the eighties did coke on some weekends when they were partying, but they always had a job and so on. Maybe since they eighties people just lost their ability to self moderate.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

tried meth....

Thanks for sharing your story.  I'm glad things turned out well for you.

Often, the outcome is pretty bad.  I lost a good friend to meth back in the '80's.  He was a good guy but that stuff got the better of him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Interesting responses.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tried meth....

Often, the outcome is pretty bad.  I lost a good friend to meth back in the '80's.  He was a good guy but that stuff got the better of him.

I was extremely lucky not to have an addictive personality. I was always able to moderate things, keep a job, and maintain other responsibilities.  I had my rounds with damne near eveything but drew the line at shooting anything up.  I just enjoyed getting high in my off time.  After a while I would just get bored with a drug and move on to something else. Eventually I did them all and quit them all. Most of my friends from back then weren't so lucky though. Most of them still do drugs and haven't amounted to shit largely because of it.  I have noticed most people can't distinguish between leisure time  and serious time.

Smoking tobacco is a motherfucker though. I am two days into finally getting around to quitting that one though.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
no matter how you explain it, I will never ever get it.

I'm a guy that can go to sleep on half a beer so....
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

tried meth....

I was extremely lucky not to have an addictive personality. I was always able to moderate things, keep a job, and maintain other responsibilities.  I had my rounds with damne near eveything but drew the line at shooting anything up.  I just enjoyed getting high in my off time.  After a while I would just get bored with a drug and move on to something else. Eventually I did them all and quit them all. Most of my friends from back then weren't so lucky though. Most of them still do drugs and haven't amounted to shit largely because of it.  I have noticed most people can't distinguish between leisure time  and serious time.

Smoking tobacco is a motherfucker though. I am two days into finally getting around to quitting that one though.  

Sounds just about exactly the same as my story.

Tho quitting smoking is something I have not been able to do.. It's a mother fucker and I can say that walking away from a few years of coke and meth and more recently pain meds was a walk in the park vs the times I have "quit" smoking for a few months.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I've never taken anything harder than pot, thank God, but I understand... a little.  Early in my life I realized that I have an addictive personality.  My father, who I love and miss dearly, was an alcoholic and I could easily be one too if I let myself.  

Could I be a meth guy if I tried it?  I don't know.  I ain't going to find out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much, that's how a lot of blue collar people get into it too. Want to accomplish something after pulling a double? "Better try some of this."

As for me, I open a beer and fall asleep before I finish half of it.

I've always been under the impression that Adderal only helps you focus mentally, not make you bounce off the walls from all the energy it gives you.  It is used in treatment of ADD and ADHD.

LC
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#44]
In highschool I worked a christmas tree selling gig each winter and there were allot of tweakers.  They did not seem too bad and they had lots of energy.  I would not use it myself, but I don't think every single person who ever used it turns into this meth zombie like the media says.   I think the whole meth thing is overblown.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#45]
To keep them awake for 3 days at a time so they can go dig up arrowheads, or steal copper wire/pipe, take apart appliances just to see how they work, and any other useless shit they can find to do just to keep them busy.

A LEO friend who has raided a few meth labs has told me every one he's raided has lots of arrowhead, torn apart appliances, etc.

Hell, even construction contractors here hire security guards on construction projects just to keep tweakers from stealing the copper to sell for scrap to get their next hit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Because it makes you feel like you can do anything and you feel like superman when doing it. That is until your body starts to need sleep and food. You won't feel tired or hungry but a few days of this will make you start to go nutty ie, hallucinations, both auditory and visual, and paranoia. Then when you come down you feel like you got your ass kicked, depressed, generally worthless and the world feels cold and demanding. To get rid of this feeling just go get some more and continue repeating process and voila, your addicted to meth. I saw several friends go through this and only one made it out to become a productive human being and good friend. The rest I'm not sure of and at this point could care less.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Beats me, I don't do drugs and am not around meth heads. I figure it is like coffee times 100 though.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#48]

What ever happeded to Dyren Kagan?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If you haven't seen Step Brothers, go rent it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1043oew.jpg

I saw it in theaters, but don't remember anything about meth in the film.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you, that's tough stuff to walk away from.

Thanks, it's always nice this time of year to have that little extra thing to be thankful for.

I really didn't have too much trouble walking away from the meth & coke. I was fully addicted and could not see an end to using. Pretty much dieing made the choice pretty easy. No real withdrawals like there was with opiates. A few years of HEAVY pain meds was a real bitch.

Knowing how quick and how easy I tend to take a liking to things I am happy that I'm not a drinker, and I HATE needles. Always drew the line at needles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top