Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2001 8:26:47 PM EDT
..........the operation.......

Aw shit, it's getting old isn't it?

Balming, from the "old school"
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Knew a guy once, had a cat.
Started his car, heard "RRRREEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEERRRRREEEEER!!!!"  Shut off the car.  $500.00 operation and the cat was fine.
Went out one day.  Started his car.  Heard "RRRRREEEEEEEEEERREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERREEEEEEEER!"  Thought about it a second.  Next second, heard "VVVRRROOOOOOOMMM--VVVVVVRRRRRRROOOOOOMMM!!" Then, SILENCE.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
oh no. Not Fluffy again. Kinda makes you wonder who here still remembers all of that. who was around back then. I just had became a member and wound up walking into that mess. Maybe thats what kept me here. Glad I stayed [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You should look into pet health insurance. I plan on calling as my cat is starting to get up there in the years and I want to be able to afford the best care for her.
http://www.bluepaw.com/why/whySignUp.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You planning a "Bone Marrow" transplant for the cat, that's about the only operation that can be done as far as I know of. Lukemia, as far as I know,is a Blood born cancer.

I have Non-Hodgkins Lymhoma, which is a form of Lukemia. The only options are, Bone marrow transplant and Chemo-therapy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#6]
old joke

old member

oh well

(I'm so clever!)

Methusa-Balming
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope you find a good treatment for Fluffy's leukemia.

Snake's not big enough yet.

Norm
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey AR:
A friend of mine had some sort of Hodgkins (not sure of the 'non' type or not).  He did the chemo therapy-really sucked, lost his hair BUT he is fully recovered with no signs of the disease (other than the biopsy on the neck scar)  He had a lot to live for including a newborn and wife, so he put all of his recources into getting better including praying.  Never give up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
LONG LIFE FLUFFY!!

[img]http://web.tampabay.rr.com/sjmaness/MiscPics/FluffyLite.jpg[/img]

LL
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
What is it about that photograph? I haven't seen it it a year or so and I still roll on the floor laughing because it's so damn funny.

Long live Fluffy! (well...sort'a)
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey AR:
A friend of mine had some sort of Hodgkins (not sure of the 'non' type or not).  He did the chemo therapy-really sucked, lost his hair BUT he is fully recovered with no signs of the disease (other than the biopsy on the neck scar)  He had a lot to live for including a newborn and wife, so he put all of his recources into getting better including praying.  Never give up.
View Quote

My wife just got thru Hodgkins. 33 years old. She's got the neck scar. Hair is returning, she's in remission. Chemo and radiation was pretty rough.

She's one tough woman, I tell ya.

Right now, she is dealing with not being able to run around like shes used to doing. she still gets tired pretty easily.

[b] AR308and223 [/b]

E-mail me sometime if you just need to "chat."
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#14]
OOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOO............ It's FLUFFY!!!!

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey!  just do what we did in the old country....EAT THE DAMN THING! Protein is Protein!  LOL
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey!  just do what we did in the old country....EAT THE DAMN THING! Protein is Protein!  LOL
View Quote

some people have no respect! how's he going to eat the boards mascot[:(]

VIVA LA FLUFFY...
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://web.tampabay.rr.com/sjmaness/MiscPics/uglycat.jpg[/img]

"ROOOOWWWRRR!  Am I the only one that get's horny looking at that Fluffy?  Ooops, gotta go, sprayed myself again!"
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I will send toy the .002 cents it costs to buy a .22 LR round.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#19]
If your cat has Feline Lukemia, then its as good as dead!!!
There is no FIX, and any other cats that you get, after the other has gone, can get Lukemia.  It is like a virus when it comes to cats.  We have had several cats that have died from this.  My uncle is a Vet and he has never mentioned a single fix for this problem.
Just NEVER get ANY cats inuculated with what they are selling as a preventative to the Feline Lukemia thing, it will give them Feline Lukemia, and kill them.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Garand,

Its good to see that your wife is doing better.  It took my friend some time to get the'chemo' out of his system.  He is doing as good as he was before (not right before though)
He was pretty tired before the treatment, Doctors thought it was an infection- went to different doktor to get second opinion-found out he had it.  Got chemo, got sick as hell, got done, got better, good as new.  He was 28 when he found out.  Thankfully Hodgkins is VERY cureable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#21]
As far as the cat is concerned-sleepy time....
If you dont want your cat to get it, don't let them outside-thats where they get it, from other infected animals (cats)  besides, all they are is cootie magnets when they are outside-fleas,tics,seminephrous tubloidial buttnoids, the ususal pests.

Brought our cat out ONCE...bitch ran under the deck, had to hose her down to get it out-never again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#22]
These freakin hangovers are killing me!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=119787&a=877805&p=35311036&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Garand,

Its good to see that your wife is doing better.  It took my friend some time to get the'chemo' out of his system.  He is doing as good as he was before (not right before though)
He was pretty tired before the treatment, Doctors thought it was an infection- went to different doktor to get second opinion-found out he had it.  Got chemo, got sick as hell, got done, got better, good as new.  He was 28 when he found out.  Thankfully Hodgkins is VERY cureable.
View Quote

Cleatus -

IDENTICAL situation with my wife.

It will be  reassuring to my wife to hear that someone else is having similar symptoms.

AND its great to hear your friend is doing better.

Someone asked on another thread "What does AR15.com mean to you??"

Well, I can tell you its a great thing as far as I'm concerned.

Kindred spirits, shared experiences, love of firearms.

[b]AND [/b] Fluffy, the mascot!!!!!!!!!!

What more could you ask for???  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Garand,

In fact, we just got back from a bowling tournament (we drank lots of beer) and had a bunch of fun.  Even though it was him with the disease, it sure makes you think about what REALLY is important in your life.  An AR ain't shit when it comes to the health/safety/happiness of your friends and family.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#25]
And I thought by the topic of this thread you were gonna ask for $660 to purchase the [i]proper[/i] equipment to do the surgery yourself.....   I hear RRA specializes in this type of gear.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#26]
You know, I kinda' miss poor ol'Fluffy.

That was when I started visiting (lurking) here, during my lunch break at work. I thought a bunch of you guys were just cruel and heartless. Hope, you're just sick. [:D] And now I be one too!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Whaaaaaaaat?

Non believers. eh?

BE GONE!  THE LOT OF YOU!

SHOO!

McBalming

See y'all at the Creek.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top