Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 4:14:44 AM EDT
[url]http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/06/24/wfresc24.xml[/url]
Islamic terrorists linked to al-Qa'eda plotted to
                                             destroy Bologna's 14th century cathedral because it
                                             contained a medieval fresco depicting the Prophet
                                             Mohammed in hell.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The fresco has been painted according to the tradition and based on the poem [i]Divine Comedy[/i] by Dante Alighieri, the most important italian poet.
I can bear that Shakespeare wrote "The Venice Merchant", describing the Jew Shylok as the bad guy.
Why? Because I can recognize that Shakespeare is a great artist, and his talent was used also to write beautiful drama like "Hamlet" or "Henry V"...

Muslims in Italy asked, with no respect of our culture and tradition, to "erase" Muhammed from that fresco. Maybe one day they will ask to forbid Dante Alighieri's poem "because it can offend Muslim sensitivity"...

I prefer not to comment... I want to avoid to be banned from AR15.com...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]Paolo[/b], [i][b]mio amico caro[/b][/i], do you know of an Internet site where we can view this fresco?

Eric The(Interested)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I think its a beautiful work of art.
I don't see why Muslims have a problem with it.

That must be Mohammed coming out the ass end of Satan.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think its a beautiful work of art.
I don't see why Muslims have a problem with it.

That must be Mohammed coming out the ass end of Satan.
View Quote

Nah. Mohammed IS the ass end of Satan!

Sorry. Couldn't resist...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope! Not me.

I think it's a very good rendition of a likely scene from Dante's [b][i]Inferno[/i][/b]!

Sorry, [b]ilikelegs[/b], but either your IM is full or my IM is on the Fritz again!

Eric The(ProllyTheLatter!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Beautiful Piece of Art.

So, If I don't like an artwork based on religious grounds, I can destroy it?

-legrue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top