Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 7:28:03 PM EDT
My wife just gave me one reason why women don't shoot as much as we guys...   Aside from range time, a great portion of the time, we shoot in trash ridden areas that are worn down (dusty/muddy) and filled with spent ctgs., shot up, garbage, plants, trees, cars, tires, roadsigns, propane tanks, refrigerators, TVs, BBQ Grills, washers, stoves..............

[rant]

Hell!!  it's about as appealing to the average female as scrubbing toilets.. Actually, I'm starting to get fed up with the mess and I've heard locals b1tch about the "destruction of the desert" by them "gun nuts!!"[soapbox]

I realize that most of this mess is made by a few lazy Adam Henrys and most of us carry our sh1t out but that's one reason some of the gals won't go...   Rant Rant...    Whew!!  Thanks guys... I feel better...[beer]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides that, There's rattlers out there..
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Besides that, There's rattlers out there..
View Quote

heh, heh, heh.  that would guarantee my presence.  [:D]

Sweep, excellent attitude.  no where to shoot in indiana that isn't a DNR range, a private range, or private land.  public land is few and far between with suitable locations (and even if you found one, you'd likely get the local yokels called).  so trash accumulation isn't something that causes a lot of problems.  but i know the feeling.  been out west and saw the "leftovers" of desert shooting in AZ.  "pack in, pack out more"
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why you should go shooting out on the ocean.   When you get done, throw the empties overboard.   Anybody asks, you're making an artificial reef :)    Hey, there may very well be a hermit crab out there with a 12gauge shell for a home, it could happen!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I always thought it was the same reason women make lousy golfers....their breasts get in the way.
[:p]

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's why you should go shooting out on the ocean.   When you get done, throw the empties overboard.   Anybody asks, you're making an artificial reef :)    Hey, there may very well be a hermit crab out there with a 12gauge shell for a home, it could happen!
View Quote

Keep trashing Mother earth , when she has enough she hit back and I hope she hits you first.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep trashing Mother earth , when she has enough she hit back and I hope she hits you first.
View Quote
Reading your posts is like listening to a Neil Young song.
View Quote

Good to know you listen to a great song writer.

Ever listen to Allman brothers?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep ignoring humorous statments made in jest, when the ACME anvils start dropping from the sky I hope one of them hits you first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top