Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 2:27:16 PM EDT
[url]http://ak.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=51705&page=1[/url]

I searched for an old thread on this and it seemed that the conclusion was "later". Is there any interest (with funds) right now?

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread is ongoing. I've kept it alive as I'm ready to get one or two now. Many others seem interested.
My last post is re: what it would take to get this going. I think the main things we need are a builder and possibly receivers. Other parts, etc shouldn't be to difficult to obtain. If wood stocks someone will have to finish.

In any event, people should speak up now as to whether they are interested, and what they'd like to have.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the old thread I was referring to:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=73585[/url]

Just linked the most recent discussion I could find above. I'd be willing to commit with a deposit right now. I'd like 7.62x39 and wood.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ask Waverunner.  I think he is the one currently pursuing it.
View Quote

Yeah, I started the thread but I simply do not have the time to devote to the project and with cheap SAR 2's back in stock again how can you beat that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I here ya, Waverunner. Been thinking the same and if this is going to be slow I'll probably buy an SAR-2.
This is, however, why I'd be interested in something a little special. A group purchase would allow us to get that at a somewhat discounted price. Otherwise a quantity buy on an SA-M7 Classic doesn't sound to bad. Just a thought.

What did Informer say when you asked him?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What did Informer say when you asked him?
View Quote

He said he was interested but we (meaning the powers that be) would really have to have a serious conference call with him and discuss the matter further. On top of that, he's known for taking a looong time to finish his projects...not a bad thing actually if you have seen any of his work firsthand. For example, I sent my Intrac AK-74 to him in December for a few cool mods and he should be shipping it back to me hopefully Monday - 6/24, thats a long wait for people!

Unless something changes I say get the SAR2 now and do up a CampyClone!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
ditto, SAR-2's rock.
ammo is getting cheaper and easier to get, and they bump well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On top of that, he's known for taking a looong time to finish his projects...not a bad thing actually if you have seen any of his work firsthand. For example, I sent my Intrac AK-74 to him in December for a few cool mods and he should be shipping it back to me hopefully Monday - 6/24, thats a long wait for people!
View Quote

6 - 7 months is good.

I sent my receiver and parts kit to Informer in March of 2001. I haven't got it back yet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This project will pickup steam shortly, just keep your eyes and ears open!

Conference call should hopefully take place this week with all the parties involved. We will go over the details and decide on the feasability of this project along with costs and numbers.

I'll share this info as soon as I can!

[=D]
View Quote

Neato.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This project will pickup steam shortly, just keep your eyes and ears open!

Conference call should hopefully take place this week with all the parties involved. We will go over the details and decide on the feasability of this project along with costs and numbers.

I'll share this info as soon as I can!

[=D]
View Quote
Will I have to do anything extraordinary in hopes of convincing the LEGP powers-that-be to chamber it in 7.62x39?
I will drink and post.
I will take a picture of myself and post it on the board.
I will join the NRA.
I will cancel my NRA membership.
I will join GOA instead.
I will join them all.
I will cancel my membership here and defect to Democratic Underground.
I will stop going to DU for entertainment.
I will register Democrat.
I will register Libertarian.
I will put up a picture of Al Gore and not throw darts at it.
I will write a manifesto condemning ownership of any handgun chambered in smaller than .357 Magnum.
I will write a manifesto condemning ownership of any handgun in larger than a .357 Magnum.
I will stop dreaming about Miss Magnum.
I will stop dreaming about tatjana.
I will stop dreaming about Tweet.
Did I miss anything? [:D]
View Quote

fork over some cash?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#17]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=117585[/url]

May 08, 2002 was the cutoff date for CT members
[:(]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I will stop dreaming about Tweet.
Did I miss anything? [:D]
View Quote

Nope and neither did I.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quantity buy on SA-M7's sound good to me.  I own one already and would love to have another.  Why buy an AK that you have to tinker with when you can pay a tad more and get one that runs perfect and look awsome right out of the box.  Just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quantity buy on SA-M7's sound good to me.  I own one already and would love to have another.  Why buy an AK that you have to tinker with when you can pay a tad more and get one that runs perfect and look awsome right out of the box.  Just my .02 worth.
View Quote

In 7.62x39 the SA-M7 is probably as good as it gets. I'd still prefer the AK-74 clones, though, and maybe the other next year.
Either way I'm still in.

How did the conference call go, GB?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Waverunner:
Yeah, I started the thread but I simply do not have the time to devote to the project...  
View Quote

A few days of [b]that[/b] makes you realize what Tim & John went through, doesn't it? [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top