Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2011 1:13:25 AM EDT
Anti-Paulbots, more specifically. Firstly, stop drinking so much high fructose corn syrup. It's not good for you.

I used to be like you. I still am, actually. I'm a staunch believer in capitalism, small government, and the right to arm yourself to the teeth. I can't stand all these social programs burdening the tax system. We should also all be prepared to fight for the country our ancestors fought for. For freedom. And that's what I'm fighting for, right here right now. So what changed?

I wisened the fuck up. I still believe in all these principles. Unfortunately power structures, like governments, don't run on principles. They run on power. Let's talk about the word conspiracy, and how you've been trained to laugh at the word. If you do, you're a fool. From pharoahs to emperors to kings, historically, every murder of one was recorded down through the ages as a power grab by some other person or faction. It always is. In contrast, every assassination attempt (and there have been many) on a US president has been by "some crazy guy". JFK knew what was going on. Listen to that speech where he talks about secret societies right before he gets wacked.  

Look up Edward Bernays, nephew of Sigmund Freud. He revolutionized marketing in his day and his life is studied in every university's sociology and marketing classes. He was a master at manipulating hive minds. Just look at ARFCOM. The hivemind as a whole is fucking dumb and easily manipulated, but it doesn't mean you have to be. This site is covered in ads and AR15.com the company is profiting millions per year. And good for them!  But many of you didn't know that and would probably even deny it. I love this site, though it is a truth that it is designed to maximize revenue. And good for them.

In a similar fashion, politics is optimized to maximize power. Fortunately the core members of this site, the gun hobbyists, are fairly intelligent, thus the revenue optimizations are often good ones. Similiarly, the more we all wisen up to the game of politics and world domination, the more governments must meld to our demands to maintain power. Until then, the left hivemind and the right hivemind will continue to be manipulated like children.

All these smooth talking rhinos and liberals make everything sound so complicated, when it's all simple. Cut the bullshit. They're playing a game of thrones. They don't give a fuck about principles. Why are all these assholes writing books as soon as they get the limelight for five minutes? Money and power. Control and women. It doesn't get more instinctual than that.  The game is rigged, and the media is a tool of the powerful and so are you.

Buy some fluoride-free toothpaste and cut back on the aspartame. Quit smoking cigarettes and smoke something else now and then to get a different viewpoint.

Now post your silly little jpegs, gifs, and smileys. Call for a ban, a lock, a witch burning. Laugh at the word conspiracy, then whine about my post count and claim conspiracy. Fools.

http://i.imgur.com/YMYit.jpg
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did you have to use an alternate account to post this?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is my account. It's not an alternate. Carry on.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
yes sir

right away
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:08:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You're just wasting your time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
OK.... concur with most.  But you didn't clearly state your main point...unless there wasn't one.  I do understand the graph, btw, but not knowing clearly what your point is makes it a little tough to figure out where you're going with this.

And except for a few glaringly poor stances (tacitly support McKinney or Manning), I am partial to Ron Paul.  For good or bad, he would be different, but not 'different' like Obama.  But they'll probably destroy his chances also (conspiracy?), and we'll be stuck with a Romney or Gingrich. Thw frog-boiling will continue...
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah... sucks that the world is full of unthinking people who blindingly follow a religion or political party.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
You present a lucid and well thought out view. I will offer that the conspiracy you refer to, at least to me, is a mislabeling of what I would cite as hipocracy. Intelligent people see the world through their own eyes, without the rose-colored filters that society has become addicted to, and certainly not through the lens the media uses to focus their picture with.

I don't often share my political ideology as most don't want to hear it. As succinctly as possible, my belief structure is predicated upon my complete and total lack of trust in the modern geo-political infrastructure. The system has been corrupted and broken beyond repair for a long time. Republicans are just as guilty as democrats, as are the fringe players without party affiliation. You are correct...it's about power. It always has been...frame the dark ages, through the Roman Empire, to the Royals, and here in present day America.

I've stated for years that the media cannot be trusted. This includes everyone's favorite Fox News Network. They are just another for-profit company that packages a product aimed at a specific demographic. Their 'news' is just a product, in the same way that NPR markets a product to liberals, in the same way that Billy Mays marketed a product to late-night TV viewers.

I know this is supposed to be a (nother) Ron Paul thread but I am going to suggest that in furtherance of what I would consider the underlying purpose of the OP's commentary, people genuinely take a look at the media sources they receive their daily picture of the world from. (if that sounds vaguely familiar you must have read Ben H Bagdikian at some point)

It is about power...the two-party system is an insult to intellectuals...the media will decide the outcome of the election...Americans (through their apathy and pervasive appetite for mindless entertainment) created this environment through years of inaction and ignorance.

Good morning everyone
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my account. It's not an alternate. Carry on.

Riiiiight...
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anti-Paulbots, more specifically. Firstly, stop drinking so much high fructose corn syrup. It's not good for you.

I used to be like you. I still am, actually. I'm a staunch believer in capitalism, small government, and the right to arm yourself to the teeth. I can't stand all these social programs burdening the tax system. We should also all be prepared to fight for the country our ancestors fought for. For freedom. And that's what I'm fighting for, right here right now. So what changed?

I wisened the fuck up. I still believe in all these principles. Unfortunately power structures, like governments, don't run on principles. They run on power. Let's talk about the word conspiracy, and how you've been trained to laugh at the word. If you do, you're a fool. From pharoahs to emperors to kings, historically, every murder of one was recorded down through the ages as a power grab by some other person or faction. It always is. In contrast, every assassination attempt (and there have been many) on a US president has been by "some crazy guy". JFK knew what was going on. Listen to that speech where he talks about secret societies right before he gets wacked.  

Look up Edward Bernays, nephew of Sigmund Freud. He revolutionized marketing in his day and his life is studied in every university's sociology and marketing classes. He was a master at manipulating hive minds. Just look at ARFCOM. The hivemind as a whole is fucking dumb and easily manipulated, but it doesn't mean you have to be. This site is covered in ads and AR15.com the company is profiting millions per year. And good for them!  But many of you didn't know that and would probably even deny it. I love this site, though it is a truth that it is designed to maximize revenue. And good for them.

In a similar fashion, politics is optimized to maximize power. Fortunately the core members of this site, the gun hobbyists, are fairly intelligent, thus the revenue optimizations are often good ones. Similiarly, the more we all wisen up to the game of politics and world domination, the more governments must meld to our demands to maintain power. Until then, the left hivemind and the right hivemind will continue to be manipulated like children.

All these smooth talking rhinos and liberals make everything sound so complicated, when it's all simple. Cut the bullshit. They're playing a game of thrones. They don't give a fuck about principles. Why are all these assholes writing books as soon as they get the limelight for five minutes? Money and power. Control and women. It doesn't get more instinctual than that.  The game is rigged, and the media is a tool of the powerful and so are you.

Buy some fluoride-free toothpaste and cut back on the aspartame. Quit smoking cigarettes and smoke something else now and then to get a different viewpoint.

Now post your silly little jpegs, gifs, and smileys. Call for a ban, a lock, a witch burning. Laugh at the word conspiracy, then whine about my post count and claim conspiracy. Fools.

http://i.imgur.com/YMYit.jpg

Troll
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh, it's you again.

Your first post was a link to a 9/11 conspiracy video.

Here, for reference.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You're just wasting your time.

SOmeone should tell that to Ron Paul, he clearly hasn't figured it out yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh, it's you again.

Your first post was a link to a 9/11 conspiracy video.

Here, for reference.

Paulbot a truther Say it aint so.......
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:03:12 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread is now about Snoopy.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.jmarkafghans.com/images/snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

I like snoopy nothing gets him down.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Gotta know who's troll account this is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:14:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You present a lucid and well thought out view. I will offer that the conspiracy you refer to, at least to me, is a mislabeling of what I would cite as hipocracy. Intelligent people see the world through their own eyes, without the rose-colored filters that society has become addicted to, and certainly not through the lens the media uses to focus their picture with.

I don't often share my political ideology as most don't want to hear it. As succinctly as possible, my belief structure is predicated upon my complete and total lack of trust in the modern geo-political infrastructure. The system has been corrupted and broken beyond repair for a long time. Republicans are just as guilty as democrats, as are the fringe players without party affiliation. You are correct...it's about power. It always has been...frame the dark ages, through the Roman Empire, to the Royals, and here in present day America.

I've stated for years that the media cannot be trusted. This includes everyone's favorite Fox News Network. They are just another for-profit company that packages a product aimed at a specific demographic. Their 'news' is just a product, in the same way that NPR markets a product to liberals, in the same way that Billy Mays marketed a product to late-night TV viewers.

I know this is supposed to be a (nother) Ron Paul thread but I am going to suggest that in furtherance of what I would consider the underlying purpose of the OP's commentary, people genuinely take a look at the media sources they receive their daily picture of the world from. (if that sounds vaguely familiar you must have read Ben H Bagdikian at some point)

It is about power...the two-party system is an insult to intellectuals...the media will decide the outcome of the election...Americans (through their apathy and pervasive appetite for mindless entertainment) created this environment through years of inaction and ignorance.

Good morning everyone

This sums up my position quite nicely.  Ron Paul is still imperfect like the others, but at the same time, he is not like the others. Obama was elected based upon a message of hope and change and did not deliver.  He had no message clearly stating what hope and change meant and no track record to support his belief in hope and change.  He was elected because he represented hope and change, which has turned out to have been a superficial attribute, not surprisingly.  He is a career politician, only he was at the beginning of his career.

At this point, I am looking at Ron Paul's core beliefs of constitutional values, which have a track record of implementation, and overlooking the other stuff.  The other candidates to date have core beliefs more centered on their individual agenda, and not the country's agenda.  At the very least, one term of Ron Paul will slow down government growth and bring forth debate about the role of the government to the forefront, while hopefully shaping values in future candidates.  Just speaking from the gut.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Troofers for Paul!®
The Paulbot beacon fire must have been lit.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why put forth an intelligent argument that backs your political position when you can just claim your opponent is a troll?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:17:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why put forth an intelligent argument that backs your political position when you can just claim your opponent is a troll?

Honestly, when someone comes up to me and says they believe 9/11 was an inside job, it completely invalidates every single word after that, be it right or wrong.  I'm done listening at that point.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, when someone comes up to me and says they believe 9/11 was an inside job, it completely invalidates every single word after that, be it right or wrong.  I'm done listening at that point.

Alright, I'll agree with that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:23:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he has an account from 2003 with 8 posts and is trolling for responses in the GD concerning Ron Paul and 9/11

You want to discuss politics take it to the political forum. You want to troll?  You come to GD and lay out long winded diatribes.

Honestly I was ok with Paul until the Manning BS came out.  I think Paul supporters do more harm to their candidate then he does to himself a lot of times.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he has an account from 2003 with 8 posts and is trolling for responses in the GD concerning Ron Paul and 9/11

You want to discuss politics take it to the political forum. You want to troll?  You come to GD and lay out long winded diatribes.

Honestly I was ok with Paul until the Manning BS came out.  I think Paul supporters do more harm to their candidate then he does to himself a lot of times.

Yeah yeah, I didn't see the 9/11 bullshit. Definite troll.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.jmarkafghans.com/images/snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

I like snoopy nothing gets him down.

Me too.

Snoopy hates traitors too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I support the concept of not "feeding the trolls", I have to admit, I don't have the time, energy, or interest in tracking peoples post to (subjectively) determine who is and who is not a troll. That said, I generally just post whatever I am going to post, regardless of the context.

I can appreciate that some folks aren't interested in taking the time to develop and then present an argument, but at the same time, the OP pretty accurately predicted the trajectory of this thread. People read something they disagreed with and mostly posted images or one-line comments in response rather than a structured counter-argument.

Frankly, trolls never phased me on this site or any other...I just don't take them seriously...at all.
Its the Internet...posting ones thoughts anonymously on the net shouldn't be something that people get their blood pressure elevated over. Hell, I disagree fundamentally with a LOT of what I hear in the public arena...who cares?

People can believe whatever helps them fall asleep at night, at least until they actively challenge what I beleive.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright, I'll agree with that.

Ron Paul also thinks traitors are heroes.

Thanks, but that is all I need to know to write him and his supporters off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One one hand, I totally agree.
On the other, I still have opinions and reactions...and sometimes I will post a response more for the purpose of my own reflection than for any value expended for the benefit of other participants in the discussion.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#33]
ibtl?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I support the concept of not "feeding the trolls", I have to admit, I don't have the time, energy, or interest in tracking peoples post to (subjectively) determine who is and who is not a troll. That said, I generally just post whatever I am going to post, regardless of the context.

I can appreciate that some folks aren't interested in taking the time to develop and then present an argument, but at the same time, the OP pretty accurately predicted the trajectory of this thread. People read something they disagreed with and mostly posted images or one-line comments in response rather than a structured counter-argument.

Frankly, trolls never phased me on this site or any other...I just don't take them seriously...at all.
Its the Internet...posting ones thoughts anonymously on the net shouldn't be something that people get their blood pressure elevated over. Hell, I disagree fundamentally with a LOT of what I hear in the public arena...who cares?

People can believe whatever helps them fall asleep at night, at least until they actively challenge what I beleive.

Yeah... I do find it sad that a lot of folks complied with the OP by posting smilies/gifs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... I do find it sad that a lot of folks complied with the OP by posting smilies/gifs.

Your candidates own words good enough for you two?

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF2uIe8GPk

Not my candidate.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I can certainly see reasons to not support Ron Paul.  For those that voice their opinion as to why they are against Paul, it would be beneficial for them to mention who they do support and why.  Otherwise, all of these threads should just be polls for the election without discussion posts.  Serious request here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I expect others to actually look into things before they post their comments, but for the record, I think Ron Paul is out of touch with modern society. His ideas are interesting in a vacuum, and completely unable to be implemented in our curent culture.

He isn't my candidate...I have never 'supported' him as such.

Each of the current candidates have offered ideas I agree with...and each has made comments that make me roll my eyes in disgust. Unfortunately, the world isn't a binary, "black" or "white" decision-making engine....most things in life are three-dimensional, require interpretation, and demand compromise.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I expect others to actually look into things before they post their comments, but for the record, I think Ron Paul is out of touch with modern society. His ideas are interesting in a vacuum, and completely unable to be implemented in our curent culture.

He isn't my candidate...I have never 'supported' him as such.

Each of the current candidates have offered ideas I agree with...and each has made comments that make me roll my eyes in disgust. Unfortunately, the world isn't a binary, "black" or "white" decision-making engine....most things in life are three-dimensional, require interpretation, and demand compromise.

Fair enough, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Between Paul's comments defending al Qaeda and Manning I don't see how anyone can still support him.

Funny how those of us supporting Cain were called blind followers when those women came forward.  There still to this day is 0 evidence of him sexually harassing women.  

However, Ron Paul is caught on tape numerous times making such comments yet people still follow this guy.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#42]
So let me get this straight:

America is full of dumb and lazy people.
The media decides who will be POTUS.
Politicians are power hungry.
There are conspiracies in political circles.
Sigmund Freud's nephew is a marketing genius.

If there are no other hidden communications in your post I will continue on with the rest of my day.  Thank you for sharing your pearls of wisdom.  I was not aware of Sigmund's nephew.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:17:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck Ron Paul
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Between Paul's comments defending al Qaeda and Manning I don't see how anyone can still support him.

Funny how those of us supporting Cain were called blind followers when those women came forward.  There still to this day is 0 evidence of him sexually harassing women.  
However, Ron Paul is caught on tape numerous times making such comments yet people still follow this guy.  

Yep. Cain got fucked.  I haven't removed my Crackers for Cain bumpersticker from my locker at work. Fuck'em I like Cain.
I no longer support Paul though I did vote for him vs McCain in the primary.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. Cain got fucked.  I haven't removed my Crackers for Cain bumpersticker from my locker at work. Fuck'em I like Cain.
I no longer support Paul though I did vote for him vs McCain in the primary.

Arfcom PROFITING millions? I find this hard to believe - even with ad's, memberships, and storefront.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#47]
OP isn't a Paulbot. He's an Infowars idiot.

High fructose corn syrup right off the bat. Global media mind control. Fluoride. Aspartame. Pot.

"Boo hoo I'm not the master of my universe. Some nameless, faceless entity in some faraway place controls everything and everyone around me. Imma get stoned and escape their mind control."

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#49]
HOOOHAW CHERRY SODA!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top