Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 7:59:00 AM EDT
Ok, we just bought a DVD player. Directions just show 2 ways of hooking it up. We also have a dish, vcr, stero and of course a tv. Is there any web sites or ideas on how to hook this all up? Any info would be great!!

Thanks,
John D.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the site below for some good info on home theatre A/V.

[url=http://www.crutchfield.com/infocenter/S-o758aCiVcpm/home/]Crutchfield A/V Info[/url]

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
well first I need to ask you one question do you own a dolby digital reciever and a surrond sound system? I am assuming you dont because you didnt list it. If you want to get the full capabilities out of your DVD player like the sound quality of dolby digital you need a surround sound system, but for now you can just hook it up to your TV.Ussually on the back of your TV there are different hookup jacks.Now for hooking up the sound you connect the red and white RCA jacks from the back of the DVD player to your TV. On video there are two common options. S-video or Regular RCA video which is colar coded with yellow The regular RCA video cable probably came with the DVD player so you plug that into the Video out on the DVD player and plug it into video in on your TV. You can also buy S-video cable which replaces the RCA video and it is clearer yet than the cable it came standard with. I know this can be confusing but just remember that everything on your DVD player should be coming out of an output jack and when you hook it up to the TV it should plug into an input jack. Just reply or e-mail me if you have more questions
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Jleable, The stero does have Dolby surround sound and digital signal processor. A S-video wire is already in use. I have to move the whole entertainment system - very heavy- to see how everything is hooked up. When we had the dish installed the guy hooked it all up!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all your help! It was really easy, once I moved the enterainment center I took the s-video off of the dish and put that on the dvd. Then the RCA red & white jacks from the dvd to the tv and hooked up the yellow jack that wasn't used to the dvd to the tv! Simple! God I hate this stuff!
Started watching "A Long Kiss Goodnight" WOW! Way better than VHS! Now wife is gonna stock up on dvd's while I get more ammo & mags!

Thanks again!
John D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top