Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2002 8:33:55 PM EDT
My grandfather gave me his discharge papers and his ID to scan and copy. He would like to get duplicates of his awards and citations from his service. I was hoping somebody could post a link or even know what I am looking at. Anyway here goes.

Battles and Campaigns:

50 Phillipines   Luzon   GO 33&40 WD 45

Decorations and Citations:

Good Conduct Medal
Phillipines Liberation Ribbon
American Theater Service Medal
AS-PAC THR Service Medal W/2 Bronze Stars
Victory Medal

Military Occupational Specialty:

Surgical Technician (861)

Highest Grade Held: T/5

He sailed on a troop transport ship called the "Loriline"? or something that sounds lke that. He was at sea for a total of 163 days. Although he was Army he is a Shellback and still has his declaration from King Neptune Regis! He visited ports in not only the Phillipines but India, Australia, a bunch of smaller islands, I think New Zealand, so many I can't remember all he listed. He was dispatched with a small group of soldiers once to find a Colonel that went loony in Rangoon and get him back to a field hospital. He mentioned a group of soldiers called "Merrils Marauders" that he met up with and sailed with for a short while. He tells me all kinds of great stories. Some funny, some not, some just sorrowful. Anyway I'm looking to put together a presentation case with his rank insignia, etc. Any help is appreciated!

TIA

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the search feature on this site and you should find everything you're looking for...

[url]www.gruntsmilitary.com/index.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to [url]http://www.archives.gov/facilities/mo/st_louis/military_personnel_records/awards_and_decorations.html[/url] and download/fill out the SF180 form. Mail it to the address listed for the branch or service.

Neil

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top