Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 7:08:47 PM EDT
Actually, this is a real sad story and a horrible tragedy, but I can't help but wonder...

Will the Bakers now form an organization to ban/outlaw pools?

Sad, but true, more children die each year in pool accidents than by handgun accidents, but nobody gives a hoot.

From HCI to PCI, here we come!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is James Baker?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you maybe thinking of Jim Brady and not Jim Baker?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://encarta.msn.com/xmedia//IMAGES/PID/T053/T053197A.JTN[/img]

This is the James Baker we are speaking of:

copied from [url]http://encarta.msn.com/index/conciseindex/45/0454C000.htm?z=1&pg=2&br=1[/url]

Baker, James Addison, III (1930- ), American secretary of state (1989-1992), political leader, and public official. He was born in Houston, Texas, and educated at Princeton University. After serving in the Marine Corps from 1952 to 1954,

Here's the news story: [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/wjla/20020618/lo/james_baker_s_granddaughter_drowns_in_hot_tub_1.html[/url]:

The family of Former Secretary of State James Baker is grieving over the sudden death of his granddaughter. Outside the expansive home on Alps Drive in McLean, Virginia, a large white tent stands after a graduation party that suddenly turned tragic.  Sources say, Baker's 7-year-old granddaughter, Graham Baker drowned in a hot tub.

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time.  Ever since the Gulf War I've had a lot of respect for James Baker.  As Secretarys of State go, he makes Powell look like a buffoon.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ever since the Gulf War I've had a lot of respect for James Baker.  As Secretarys of State go, he makes Powell look like a buffoon.

-kill-9
View Quote

That shouldn't be real hard to do, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the same James Baker that the GOP sent down to Florida 2 years ago to get GWB's butt out of the sling and into Washington.  Yes, Mr. Baker seems to be able to "fix" alot of problems.  One of Reagan's best!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Actually, this is a real sad story and a horrible tragedy, but I can't help but wonder...

Will the Bakers now form an organization to ban/outlaw pools?

Sad, but true, more children die each year in pool accidents than by handgun accidents, but nobody gives a hoot.

From HCI to PCI, here we come!
View Quote

I think you need to retool this entire post.

James Baker = good guy.

James Brady = sorry puppet of lunatic wife Sarah Brady.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top