Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 7:14:19 AM EDT
They have a gun show going on this weekend.is it any good. Trying to figure out if it is worth the time to drive 2.5 hours to see it.

Btw lets say I find a gun that I want at the show, can i as a Wash St resident buy a long gun in Ore and bring it across the state line?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and yes. The Portland shows usually have anything you may be looking for. Look for my brother selling nite-vision. Prestige Law Enforcement.....Be sure to stop and see Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federation booth...
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They are usually pretty good. I try to go to every one:-). As long as it's an non-NFA long gun, no prob. if it's a handgun it has to be tranfered to a WA dealer.

Sometimes it's more like an ar-15 and ar-15 parts show than a gun show though:-P. 'Course, some times it's like a WWII and before surplus show, sometimes it seems like every table has a .50 BMG on it. . ..

Anyway, I'lll be there. . ..
-Justin

P.S. The Portland show doesn't seem to have most he A-holes other shows do????
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is worth going to.

A couple of months ago I drove 3.5 hrs to go to their 1500 table show.  Well worthwhile.  Can find almost anything you are looking for.  The only problem is that those new Oregon gunshow show laws have driven out the provate sales.  All you have are dealers.  You can find a lot of equipment.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I want to go there really early,say 8am.I ahve been to some gunshows and enter as soon as they open the doors and notice a lot of the table are not manned yet. In your experience if I go early will the booth/tables be manned???

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly it doesn't even open until 9.  They won't let a non-vendor go in until then.  As with any gunshow the early ones gets the best deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top