intelligence reports indicated the
                                    Chinese shipped missiles to the Taliban
                                    after September 11.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It will come back and bite them in the ass soon.
View Quote

How? China is our trading "Buddy" now, even while they arm our enemies and steal our intellectual property (mostly software pirating).

I personally am sick of China and everything made there.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
China fears no one. They have no reason to. No nation on Earth poses a real threat to them. They have a huge military that is making tremendous technological advancement(thanks to us) and a growing, soon to be thriving economy. (Once again thanks to us). Certainly, they have no significant navy to threaten us but they are well placed to invade almost all of Asia from ground and air. With a stronger economy and increased GDP they will soon have a powerful navy.

They are using the middle east nations. China will eventually sit back while WWIII is started by Islamic nations who will attack India and the West, possibly even Russia. China will walk in and pick up the pieces. This has been their plan for decades, maybe centuries. I expect that when it happens many will be happy to see them step in and "restore order".

They are our greatest enemy right now and the greatest threat to peace on Earth. They are at about where the Japanese were 5-10 yrs prior to WWII. There will be SHTF. It will be on the other side of the planet, though, and it will be bad.

Consider also that if they control the middle east, directly or indirectly, then they control oil flow to the west. And the rest of the world, for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The terrorist organizations will be giving them
some shit soon.
They have a little problem with a band of
Islamic Extremists in the far eastern part of China.
Muslims stick together.
View Quote

I agree with what you said, but the Chinese will just send a couple of tank and troop divisions in and kill anything standing. I don't like the Chinese, but they are efficient killers with no moral scruples.

DrJar,

Unfortunately for us, the is no "other side of the planet" anymore. The world has gotten mighty small this last century. If the SHTF in Asia, what will it do to our stock market and economy in general?

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

DrJar,

Unfortunately for us, the is no "other side of the planet" anymore. The world has gotten mighty small this last century. If the SHTF in Asia, what will it do to our stock market and economy in general?

-legrue
View Quote

Oh yeah. There will be plenty of effects worldwide. But we won't be seriously threatened and it will be pretty rough on living creatures in Asia for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.ehowa.com/sidepics/upsidedownhat.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Hey China Commies!!![/b]

[img]http://www.ehowa.com/pictures/littlesoccerfan.jpg[/img]

[b]FORK YOU!!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is a hypothetical scenario.
In Revelation:
The Armies of the Kings of the East (China)
Are the last armies to march through the middle east,
towards Jerusalem.
Could terrorist attacks on China be the cause that spurs
them into the final conflict?
Its a long ways away but it may have some validity to it.
View Quote

Not so long away--at least with regards to China invading its neighbors. TEOTW is another story.

I don't think it will be terrorist attacks on China that will start China's invasion. It will be the vulnerablitily of it's neighbors. China does what it has alway done: biding its time. Well, I think China beleives its time is coming soon. Further, with the middle east getting weapons from China and the fact that the terrorists don't have the balls, a terrorist attack on China is extremely unlikely. Should one occur I would wonder if it were just for show or a diversion of some kind.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#11]
You have to realize that the Chinese military is alot like a tribal type of power and the military is run by provincial leaders. While I was over in China I had the opportunity to meet with people that worked in many areas of their "Federal"(US equivalent of) government and I also had the chance to see some of their military might that the public doesn't always get to see.

Please keep in mind that while the Leaders of China (Most all of them live in Beijing in the east of the country) They can do little about what the provincial leaders of the army out in the far west of China. Chinese Government is not run like it is here in the west or in Europe. There is no [i]real[/i] law when it comes to figures of leadership in the Chinese government. ANYTHING and mostly ANYONE who has a position of power in the Government can be bought for the right price.

While the President of China and his constituents condemn terrorism, they really don't have any clue as to what and who is being dealt to the Al quaeda or other terror organizations in the far reaches of the country.

I do not respect this type of government and I love the US type of democracy. I hope the leaders of China get a grip on the illegal trade of military hardware before its used to harm anyone innocent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will come back and bite them in the ass soon.
View Quote

How? China is our trading "Buddy" now, even while they arm our enemies and steal our intellectual property (mostly software pirating).

I personally am sick of China and everything made there.

-legrue
View Quote

Agreed. We should drop a small one on them as a warning. [nuke]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, the supreme court just said it's illegal to execute guys like those.

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember China cares very little to nothing about world opinion
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Many years ago the British beat China into submission for the right to sell Opium to the Chinese masses. One has to wonder if someday, China will beat the US into submission for the right to sell us plastic closet organizers and throw-away weed eaters.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they're at a rally and that's his rally hat?

-legrue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top