Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2011 2:22:59 PM EDT
I'm looking for a really good gun shop in Ft. Campbell KY. Any suggestions? I'm looking mostly for black rifle stuff.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no gunshops in Ft Campbell, there are a few in Oakgrove on 41a. In Clarksville there is Allens gunshop on Dover rd, IMO the best gunshop around is Guns and Leather in Greenbriar but it is about 45minute drive.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
TN guncountry––good folks and a discount for military and law enforcement
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are no gunshops in Ft Campbell, there are a few in Oakgrove on 41a. In Clarksville there is Allens gunshop on Dover rd, IMO the best gunshop around is Guns and Leather in Greenbriar but it is about 45minute drive.

The PX at Ft Campbell does have a gun shop and most of their stock is of the black gun variety.

I like Gun and Knife Country in Oak Grove. Tennessee Gun Country on down the road has a good selection but I have issues with them. Quantico Tactical, Anthony's Arms, Grandpa's, the new place on Tiny Town Rd, ATS Tactical... all within a few minutes drive from Gate 4

Link Posted: 12/5/2011 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The PX at Ft Campbell does have a gun shop and most of their stock is of the black gun variety.

I like Gun and Knife Country in Oak Grove. Tennessee Gun Country on down the road has a good selection but I have issues with them. Quantico Tactical, Anthony's Arms, Grandpa's, the new place on Tiny Town Rd, ATS Tactical... all within a few minutes drive from Gate 4

I was not aware that the PX had guns.

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm asking about the Ft. Campbell area.

Oh and thanks for the replies, I'll be passing through on Friday and hoping to stop at a couple different shops.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 3:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WTF are you driving, a moped?    

G&L is only around 20 minutes or so from Clarksville. No wonder Army guys get lost around here all the time, they can't read a fucking map.......................  
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

G&L is only around 20 minutes or so from Clarksville. No wonder Army guys get lost around here all the time, they can't read a fucking map.......................  

There is no way in hell you can get from Gate 4 to Guns and Leather in 20 minutes.

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Whitaker's is worth the drive.

6000 guns in stock!

Just SW of Owensboro.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no way in hell you can get from Gate 4 to Guns and Leather in 20 minutes.

Ain't that the truth!  When I was stationed there, in the late '90's, my ex and I lived on Old McAdoo Creek Road, which is a few miles from the K-Mart near Exit 11.  It took me 45 minutes to get from there to the barracks, with light traffic.  During rush hour, that could double.

Oh, and has Grandpa's gotten any better in the last 10-15 years?  Back then, it seemed to concentrate on hunting guns and they were kind of pricey.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't say Gate 4, I said Ft. Campbell.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its 40 miles from exit 1 on 24 and its 51 miles from gate 7 on Ft Campbell

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I do not care for any of the shops in town.  Grandpas is a rip off.  You are better off going to Wal Mart.  The PX is okay on prices but the folks that work the shop are idiots.  The store accross from Gate 6 in OG smells like a dog pen, the guy that runs the place is a crook and his old lady is an attitude with feet.  ATS does not have much.  Allens is okay but over priced.  The store accross from Wal Mart on the TN side, 41A, is decent but not the best.  Stores in Hoptown are not the best and generally over priced.  This area is not the best for buying guns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth!  When I was stationed there, in the late '90's, my ex and I lived on Old McAdoo Creek Road, which is a few miles from the K-Mart near Exit 11.  It took me 45 minutes to get from there to the barracks, with light traffic.  During rush hour, that could double.

Oh, and has Grandpa's gotten any better in the last 10-15 years?  Back then, it seemed to concentrate on hunting guns and they were kind of pricey.

Still pricey when I left Campbell back in June.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Grandpa's is still pricy.

As for the shops the ones I've been to so far are:

Allan's gun shop - 925 Dover Road (highway 76) (clarksville)
Tennessee Gun Country - 1525-C Fort Campbell Blvd (highway 41a) (clarksville)
Quantico Tactical - 16484 Ft Campbell (highway 41a)  (oak grove)
Gun & Knife Country - 15240 Fort Campbell Blvd (highway 41a) (oak grove)

There's some more more north as well but I'm not sure if you want to drive up into Hop-ville or Cadiz etc.
Although if you really want some good deals check out the next machine gun shoot at Knob Creek in KY.

Oh and the base PX.  Yes they sell guns there too.

As for "close to fort campbell"... everything on 41A is within 7 miles - and the most northern stores are across from the base.  If you include Allan's it's just an extra 4 miles or so.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I miss Ft. Campbell sometimes. Sometimes. After 26 years, the bad memories fade.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do not care for any of the shops in town.  Grandpas is a rip off.  You are better off going to Wal Mart.  The PX is okay on prices but the folks that work the shop are idiots.  The store accross from Gate 6 in OG smells like a dog pen, the guy that runs the place is a crook and his old lady is an attitude with feet.  ATS does not have much.  Allens is okay but over priced.  The store accross from Wal Mart on the TN side, 41A, is decent but not the best.  Stores in Hoptown are not the best and generally over priced.  This area is not the best for buying guns.

You pretty much nailed it for this area.  IMHO you're better off finding an FFL in this area who will handle transfers for a reasonable price, then order what you want.  Most of the pawn shops that deal firearms around here price their used guns close to what a new one would cost, unless its in really rough shape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top