Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 2:43:51 PM EDT
PARIS (AFP) Jun 20, 2002
A football-pitch-sized asteroid capable of razing a major city came within a whisker of hitting the Earth on June 14, but was only spotted three days later, scientists said Thursday.

Asteroid 2002 MN, estimated at up to 120 metres (yards) long, hurtled by the Earth at a distance of 120,000 kilometers (75,000 miles), well within the orbit of the Moon and just a hair's breadth in galactic terms
View Quote

[url]http://www.spacedaily.com/news/020620121339.dc05vk7l.html[/url]

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure as shit, the first post on DU about it would be "Shrub is killing innocent people for ratings!  Didn't happen on Clinton's watch, see!"
View Quote
That'd be really funny if it weren't true.

They're still debating whether or not a plane hit the Pentagon and who put the explosives in the WTC buildings (on just the right floors) to bring them down, because airliners couldn't do it alone.  (Oh, wait, didn't I see a thread like that in here?)

Some think Barbara Olsen is still alive, because she [i]couldn't possibly[/i] have been on the plane that (didn't really) hit the Pentagon.

Tinfoil hat, please!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure as shit, the first post on DU about it would be "Shrub is killing innocent people for ratings!  Didn't happen on Clinton's watch, see!"
View Quote
That'd be really funny if it weren't true.

They're still debating whether or not a plane hit the Pentagon and who put the explosives in the WTC buildings (on just the right floors) to bring them down, because airliners couldn't do it alone.  (Oh, wait, didn't I see a thread like that in here?)

Some think Barbara Olsen is still alive, because she [i]couldn't possibly[/i] have been on the plane that (didn't really) hit the Pentagon.

Tinfoil hat, please!
View Quote

What a bunch of f'ing lunatics
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not all of them, just about 25%.  And man, do they have issues!  There've been three or four threads on "Who's tried to commit suicide?" in the last few days.

No wonder these people are anti-gun - they fear that if they had one, they'd do themselves!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Not all of them, just about 25%.  And man, do they have issues!  There've been three or four threads on "Who's tried to commit suicide?" in the last few days.
View Quote

Sounds like natural selection at its finest.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top