Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 11:11:07 AM EDT
Looks like my company has picked up a contract that will be very lucrative......I have crunched the numbers and it looks like I will have $650 bucks laying around.

My choices are:

Buy a new AR, had one and had to sell it
             or
Buy a new handgun

Currently I have a Ruger P94 .40 for CCW but it is  POS and getting really beat up.  I won't trade it in or sell it because it is great to cary around the woods at work without worrying about rust or dirt.  However I would like to have an up-scale auto and I am torn between a SIG P229 and a Springfield Mil-Spec.  Any comments?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Springfield.

Gotta have a 1911 just because.

Of course, I am prejudice about buying American, but I love my Springfield V-10
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my Sig 229.

I haven't read glowing reports of the Springfield .45's, UNLESS you are talking about their race guns. Their production guns were described as ....lacking.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
don't they say something about not counting your chickens before they hatch?

and isn't business notorious for understating the money required to do the job and overstating the dividends that could be reaped from it?

though i really hope you get it.  but since i don't think you'll get the AR for $650, i'm gonna vote for the handgun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#4]
let me add Kimber in the mix if I can find one for $650-
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
don't they say something about not counting your chickens before they hatch?

and isn't business notorious for understating the money required to do the job and overstating the dividends that could be reaped from it?

though i really hope you get it.  but since i don't think you'll get the AR for $650, i'm gonna vote for the handgun.
View Quote

I have seen a couple of AR's around here going for $670 at the last gun show and that is close enough.  As for the business deal, the longer it takes us the better and from what I see, it is going to take A LOT of time [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Like you said, if you can find one you can afford, I vote for the Kimber.

The ProCarry and Classic are both excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top