Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 4:09:23 AM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/variety/20020620/people_variety/archerd__column__3&printer=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Israel is concerned about Stone's documentary, says an article in the Jerusalem Post by Herb Keinon, which noted, "If (the) documentary on Yasser Arafat is as close to reality as were his movies on John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon, Israel has real reason for concern."
View Quote

That's a killer right there! [:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
From the article:

"Israel is concerned about Stone's documentary, says an article in the Jerusalem Post by Herb Keinon, which noted, 'If (the) documentary on Yasser Arafat is as close to reality as were his movies on John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon, Israel has real reason for concern.'"

You got that right, Herb!

Eric The(Cheesy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, [b]GBT[/b], we pulled the same quote outta this story!

I feel honored. Great minds think alike.

Eric The(Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was an excellent quote, especially given his liberties with the facts.  I've always wondered why self-important people like actors and their related ilk seem to think they have something to offer us lowly mortals.  

As far as great minds, this one is so tired it can barely think.  Had a friend fly in from Denver and his flight was delayed over 5 hours.  Time to crash, no pun intended. [:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience is that the hollywood types are individually pretty much dumb as a brick.

Given no other facts, I usually just beleive the opposite of what they beleive, if I am forced to take a position without having time to research it myself.

I do find it amusing that the Hollywood types feel the need to grace us all with their single digit IQ's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Oliver who?

Wasn't he thrown to the jackals after foisting his latest crapfest upon the unsuspecting public?

Why this rates a story on Yahoo I can't imagine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#7]
So, who's playing Yasser?
Tom Hanks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Why does Oliver Stone care about Israel being in the West Bank?  Does he want to move there and work as a bus driver?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#9]
does anyone really care what oliver stone thinks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Israel to Oliver Stone: "Get Out Of The Nose Candy"
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Oliver Stone - The onLy guy I know that still uses the term "groovy". And he's serious!
Hey Oli, lay off the peyote buttons...dude reality and truth are both kinda coooool, mannn!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Shut the hell up Oliver!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, who's playing Yasser?
Tom Hanks?
View Quote

LOL!

"My name's Yasser...Yasser Gump."

Yeah, I know Stone didn't direct Forrest Gump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top