Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 8:27:23 PM EDT
folks who just lyke fyne oldde thyngs...??

i have a roll top desk that, "...dates back to Lincolns tyme.." said the old Colonel, he & his wife were antique collectors & owned hundreds of thousands of dollars in fine antiques, his wife inherited one of those early day oil companys, during the tyme when ya seen black & white movies of gusher spewing oil all over Clark Gable & ___________ pick an actress of the tyme

"...i'll give ya 4,000 bucks fer it..."  said the ol man.., well, i just aquired it & was thynking of the future, this has got to be some sort of an investment.......

so here's the details, it is 5' wide x 4' high x 3' deep, it is either a "Rail Masters" desk or "Post Masters" desk, as it has slots to  insert mail or telegrams when roll top (which is fully functional) is down & locked, it comes apart in 4 major peices, weighs about 300-350 lbs, has many "pidgeon" holes & drawers.......

i'll try to get photos, but right now it is burried under a few years worth of other worthless collectibles..., but if any one is interested in buying i am interested in selling..., i really have this terrible disease, called "Prebanitis".., it can only be cured by obtaining one or two pre-ban AR-15s a month as needed to keep the addic...., er ahhh disease under managable control.......

help me...! please help me, i have fallen prey to the Great God of AR-15s........
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you do a picture? Roll tops are like most antiques. Alot of factors go into the price including current collecting fads, quality, condition, etc.

-legrue

edited to add,

For any Colorado/mining history buffs, I saw Horace Tabor's desk for sale locally. It was something $20,000, and that was about 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
legrue,
i am trying to learn how to up load photos to my website & as soon as i master this task i will post a few photos.....

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Cactus,

Email me a couple and I will give you them an eyeball. I'm not an expert, but I'm no stranger to an antique shop either.

-legrue

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top