Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 5:16:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020620/ap_on_go_pr_wh/white_house_evacuation_5[/url]

The weird part is, that they're still "unclear" about what plane it was, or where it was going/went.

-Gloftoe
View Quote

It was a busy day downtown.  There was also a bomb scare a few blocks away at the Federal Reserve.  Really screwed up the evening commute.

Was there really anything different today, or is the gocernment just getting a little jumpy because of inside info?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]

You sure it wasn't just some of that Texas Bar-b-que working it's way thru the system?[:D]

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I got out of Dodge before the street shutdowns today.  Lucky I guess.  

And once again I'm obilivious to what is happening.  At least this time I didn't see people all over the street from the OEOB like on 911.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
And once again I'm obilivious to what is happening.  
View Quote

When you glance out the window and realize that the police have the road blocked and there's a bunch of people walking around wearing shirts or jackets with "ATF" in large letters, you quickly realize that you've done enough work for one day and it's time to go home.  I was on the way down the stairs when they came over the building's PA system and told everybody to leave because of a "potential explosive device."

It was a bad day to be driving home from work, good thing I took the Metro today.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got out of Dodge before the street shutdowns today.  Lucky I guess.  

And once again I'm obilivious to what is happening.  At least this time I didn't see people all over the street from the OEOB like on 911.

View Quote

Lucky you....I got caught in the mess, took me an hour just to make it accross the bridge and to 66 West.  ATF agents were directing traffic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top