Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 4:08:41 PM EDT
Won't change my life if I don't find it but it's been bugging me. It was a martian movie where US astronauts fly to Mars. They get there and it's a mirror image of Earth. Their hometowns and family members/friends have all been duplicated by the martians in an attempt to brainwash them into staying. One by one they're brainwashed except for the pilot and in the end he goes up against one of the crew out in the desert who's been turned into a martian. The bad guys have laser guns molded onto one of their arms where their hand would normally be and the guns look like cones (like the coneheads on SNL). It was a cool movie in it's day.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The Martian Chronicles. It was a mini-series.

[url]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMartianChronicles-1013413/preview.php[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow that was fast. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem, the benefits of too much TV as a child.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The Martian Chronicles ended with most of the Martians committing suicide or going into another dimension and Earth being destroyed, IIRC.
Rock Hudson survives with some others and says something to the effect, "from now on we're Martians".

There was onother movie were earth astronauts accidently found a mirror image planet in the exact same orbit as earth, but exactly, opposite of earth.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Martian Chronicles. It was a mini-series.

[url]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMartianChronicles-1013413/preview.php[/url]
View Quote

Confirmed
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Ray Bradbury?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
My favorite Mars movie was "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" (1964).  Still a good watch even today.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes .. Ray Bradbury...

Wanna read some shorts?

A couple of his compilations:

"S is for Space" & "R is for Rocket"...

One has a story I believe was named "Fire & Ice" you need to read that one ...

Enjoy,

Ted...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top