Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 12:50:36 PM EDT
Just when is genocide ok???? And who gets to make the call? Some people here sound like a few "militant" muslums I have heard of. I'll stop wondering I guess..........
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just when is genocide ok???? And who gets to make the call? Some people here sound like a few "militant" muslums I have heard of. I'll stop wondering I guess..........
View Quote

Genocide is acceptable whenever you are successful at demonizing the whole for the actions of a few in the minds of the masses.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Hitler's genocide attempt with the Jews was wrong because the Jews weren't running suicide attacks into Germany.  Now, the radical muslim palestinians are and are killing a lot of innocent people.  I say kill the bombers, their assistants, anyone who helps them , and last but not least, anyone who supports them.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, [b]Hank[/b], but you'd better watch out!

Such talk could get you tagged with the dreaded 'one of Eric's minions' sobriquets!

And we wouldn't want that![:D]

I doubt that there's anyone who's spoken up so far that would go to the lengths or depths of actually advocating genocide of any particular people.

Compare our language of Sept 11th and the next several days thereafter, with what we sometimes hear on this Board about the folks who have targeted Israel.

It's the same, no more, no less.

Just talk.

And not even 'dangerous talk' at that, since no one on this Board, to my knowledge, is anywhere near the Holy Land and [u]able[/u] to put any such threat into action.

Much less actually [u]inclined[/u] to put such threat into action.

On the evening of December 7, 1941, as Adm. Bull Halsey finally steamed into a devastated Pearl Harbor Naval Base, surveying the utter destruction visited upon a sleeping, peaceful nation, he turned to his fellow officers on the bridge and uttered these famous words:

[b]'Gentlemen, when this war is over, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!'[/b]

A bit over the top, perhaps, but fully and completely understandable given the circumstances.

So it is with us.

Eric The(Compassionate)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Genocide is acceptable whenever you are successful at demonizing the whole for the actions of a few in the minds of the masses.
View Quote

Yeah, too bad their "few" is near 98%!
[:D]

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Exactly

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Heres a thought.

Is it genocide if they were going to blow themselves up anyway and we just speed up the process?

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I doubt that there's anyone who's spoken up so far that would go to the lengths or depths of actually advocating genocide of any particular people.
View Quote

Mr. TheHun,

I would like to accept your opinion, but I have observed countless literal calls for genocide on this very board.

Just talk.

And not even 'dangerous talk' at that, since no one on this Board, to my knowledge, is anywhere near the Holy Land and [u]able[/u] to put any such threat into action.
View Quote

It is my understanding that the expressed will of the Americans on this board influences politicians who respond to public opinion, and that these politicians have at their disposal the means to eradicate every last innocent Muslim child, if that is the expressed will of their constituents.

If the members here do not sincerely advocate the slaughter of innocent Muslim children, I would be curious to know what they do in fact advocate.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Care to document that?

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Urban_Redneck, I suspect that our earlier exchange was (at least in part) the basis for this post.

I'm not advocating genocide, nor do I think Israel has that goal in mind for the muslims.  In war, the goal is to eliminate any potential threat, right?  As I stated in the other thread, it's not really possible to identify the palestinian combatants from the innocents.

Should the palestinians decide, after Israel gets serious, that the risk/reward ratio isn't in their favor, I doubt that Israel will exterminate every palestinian man, woman, and child.  They have, after all, seen the other side of that equation.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is my understanding that the expressed will of the Americans on this board influences politicians who respond to public opinion, and that these politicians have at their disposal the means to eradicate every last innocent Muslim child, if that is the expressed will of their constituents.
View Quote

US? Here at AR15.com? Damn..........
Let me get a shout out to all my peeps in congress......
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Care to document that?

View Quote

It already was when those polls were done on support of the WTC attacks....

But you can always go over to Gaza / West Bank, holding the American flag in your hand and see how long you last.....

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the members here do not sincerely advocate the slaughter of innocent Muslim children, I would be curious to know what they do in fact advocate.
View Quote

alright, man, now you have me REALLY confused- do you honestly think that the government is taking its cues from a bunch of 'gun nuts'?

i will not immediately call you a troll (trying not to be judgmental), but i think your biew of the people on ar15.com is perverse, to say the least. if you honestly think that the collective view of ar15.com is to eradicate every single person in the middle east that is not jewish or christian, then you SERIOUSLY have another thing coming...

watch your back...
View Quote

Exterminate! Exterminate!!!!!!
(for the Dr Who fans.....)
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Mr. TheHun,

I would like to accept your opinion, but I have observed countless literal calls for genocide on this very board.

Just talk.

View Quote

View Quote

Oh, please! Once again I state the obvious fact that nothing I have seen in any way, shape, manner, or form constitutes an actual  threat to anyone in the Middle East, on either side of the 'green line.'

Do you contend otherwise? If you do, then kindly state the facts that support an actual threat by anyone on this Board against anyone in the Middle East.

I await your response!
View Quote

Well, then, ask them!

But after your high-handed attitude toward the members of the Board who appeared on this thread or on other such threads, I sincerely doubt that [u]you[/u] will receive a civil answer.

I, for one, would be tempted to say, bugger off, mate! [:D]

Eric The(ButThat'sJustMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#17]
" What do you call it when the Assasin accuses the assasin?"

Apocalypse now
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
This post wasn't aimed at any one person. Just a question that I feel needed to be asked. I am still wondering how the board as a whole feels about this. And if anyone has taken the time to stop and think that yelling "kill them all" sounds just like a certan turban wearing cretin........
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I made it real now. Let us see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I voted first - Only if America attacked!

BTW, it was the essence of a particularly effective US-Soviet policy called, appropriately enough, Mutual Assured Destruction or 'MAD', but it kept the peace for a sufficient period of time to permit cooler heads to prevail...in the Soviet Union!

After a First Strike, tell me whether there would be either Americans or Russians left alive for long.

Well, then, [u]that's[/u] genocide, pure and simple! And it was the policy of both countries for a long period of time. May not make it acceptable in the comfortable haze of the Post-Soviet world, but it was acceptable to most every American, at the time.

Eric The(Rational)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I voted first - Only if America attacked!

BTW, it was the essence of a particularly effective US-Soviet policy called, appropriately enough, Mutual Assured Destruction or 'MAD', but it kept the peace for a sufficient period of time to permit cooler heads to prevail...in the Soviet Union!

After a First Strike, tell me whether there would be either Americans or Russians left alive for long.

Well, then, [u]that's[/u] genocide, pure and simple! And it was the policy of both countries for a long period of time. May not make it acceptable in the comfortable haze of the Post-Soviet world, but it was acceptable to most every American, at the time.

Eric The(Rational)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Interesting point. And since no one "pushed the button" you could say neither side felt it was acceptable. So the USSR and the USA voted no at that time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
do you honestly think that the government is taking its cues from a bunch of 'gun nuts'?
View Quote

Mr. The Hank,

I have observed that your Senator Gore personally possessed firearms, and yet when his constituents called for gun-control, this politician sacrificed his integrity to pander for votes. So I assume that other politicians likewise aim to please their constituents.

i think your view of the people on ar15.com is perverse, to say the least.
View Quote

Mr. The Hank,

I nowhere claimed knowledge of the true feelings of the people here. However, I do know what I have witnessed in these people's writings, and their writing was the subject of my comments. I do not understand why you are calling me a pervert for truthfully reporting what I have seen written here. I am not a pervert.

Not everyone here may think as critically as you, Mr. The Hank. Some people may accept the calls for genocide, and spread this ideology among their family and friends. If the ideology gains a strong enough foothold, it may be accepted by the politicians. We have seen this before.

if you honestly think that the collective view of ar15.com is to eradicate every single person in the middle east that is not jewish or christian, then you SERIOUSLY have another thing coming...
View Quote

I will accept results of the poll to represent the true feelings of the members here.

(It is possible to discuss politics without engaging in personal attacks. I see nothing constructive in the animosity expressed by you and Mr. TheHun.)
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#25]
(Of any people)  man, that leaves some room to wiggle

I chose "Yes"  Hehe!  (I am 12% of the vote!)

I don't like people that smell bad. Kill them all, let Right Guard sort them out!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's my take on it:

Genocide is defined as eradicating a complete ethnically recognized group of people.

Genocide as attempted by Hitler?  No, never.

But if one complete ethnically recognized group of people attacks another group of people, then the second has the right to defend itself.  That defense, when it comes to large groups, is military.  Militaries kill people and break things until they lose, or the other side gives up.  If the other side [i]does not[/i] give up, then eradicating them, while technically genocide, isn't morally equivalent to death camps and crematories.  

I think, had we not dropped A-bombs on Japan, that that particular ethnic group would be thin on the ground today.  They weren't big on surrender, all the way down to women and children.

The question, then, is how many have to die before one side or the other gives up?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr. The Hank,
View Quote

thats good all by itself- now everyone can start calling me 'EricTheHank'...

I will accept results of the poll to represent the true feelings of the members here.
View Quote

so are you the great gatherer of data (G.O.D.) that pitch shifter sang so wonderfully of? you will 'accept' the results? are we doing this for your amusement? ARE WE CLOWNS TO YOU? DO YOU FIND US FUNNY? DO WE AMUSE YOU?

gotta keep in mind that a poll is a survey comprised of MULTIPLE answers, not an average of them.

and who are you to pass judgment on ALL of us because of what MOST of us think?
View Quote

Hank, your pink horns are on too tight again. [:D]

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
(Of any people)  man, that leaves some room to wiggle

I chose "Yes"  Hehe!  (I am 12% of the vote!)

I don't like people that smell bad. Kill them all, let Right Guard sort them out!

TheRedGoat
View Quote

I asked the question that way because I wanted it clear this isn't just about Isreal and Palistine. As some people seem to think it's ok to wipe out a race as long as you don't like that race.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
do you honestly think that the government is taking its cues from a bunch of 'gun nuts'?
View Quote

Mr. The Hank,

I have observed that your Senator Gore personally possessed firearms, and yet when his constituents called for gun-control, this politician sacrificed his integrity to pander for votes. So I assume that other politicians likewise aim to please their constituents.
View Quote

Not so, [b]RonaldSaxton[/b], not so at all! Do you think for one moment that Sen. Gore's constituents in Tennessee called for gun-control? Ever?

If you do believe that, then you have never been to Tennessee, have you, Son?

VP Gore's stance on gun-control cost him his home state of Tennessee, as well as the home state of his colleague in gun-control, Arkansas, and with them, the loss of the office of the Presidency.

[b]So tell us about Tennessee, Ronnie![/b]

View Quote

Nonsense, this is as unscientific a poll of AR15.com members as you will ever likely see!

So what?

You need to hang around here longer, and like a good little newbie, 'tis best to be seen and not heard, before you start insulting the adults right here at supper time!

I'll tell you just like my Daddy told me, when I was raising Cain:

Eric The(Don'tMakeMeTakeOffMyBelt,Son!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Where?

When?

Eric The(ThisDeleteButtonWorksWonders)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I know this speaks for the majority of people on this board:

[size=6][red]RAHOWA[/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
must confess, i voted for the 'no' group, being that i still maintain that no one race of people should ever be eradicated.

keep in mind, by genocide you would be killing ALL people of palestinian descent, whether they are patriots or not, christian or muslim, terrorist or GI.

it just aint right.

i'm all about slaughtering those responsible, but when you start getting into slaying anyone that doesnt like america, whether we are being attacked or not, smells eerily like calling someone else (seriously) 'infidel'...

anyone remember that? 'the streets will flow with the blood of the infidels'?

not on my watch...
View Quote

Ditto.
I'll just leach of Hank's response.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr. The Hank,
View Quote

thats good all by itself- now everyone can start calling me 'EricTheHank'...

View Quote

so are you the great gatherer of data (G.O.D.) that pitch shifter sang so wonderfully of? you will 'accept' the results? are we doing this for your amusement? ARE WE CLOWNS TO YOU? DO YOU FIND US FUNNY? DO WE AMUSE YOU?

gotta keep in mind that a poll is a survey comprised of MULTIPLE answers, not an average of them.

and who are you to pass judgment on ALL of us because of what MOST of us think?
View Quote

PREACH IT MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I voted YES.
If you have a race of people who will not accept peace unless it's everything one sided, no compromise & use murder to reach that goal.
When they indoctrinate their young that it is their duty to kill another race, that their god
will reward them for it and they go out and murder mass non-combatants (civilians)
and see no wrong.
Then, yes, they must be exterminated for the safety and survival of the free "civilized" world.
Sorry.

Edited to add:
Ok, now lets see all the "Nazi" analogy responses, the anti-this that and the other crap.
Oh, and don't forget the "moron" & "ass monkey" name calling because I don't agree with you.
It's the same stuff I've seen before......
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I voted YES.
If you have a race of people who will not accept peace unless it's everything one sided, no compromise & use murder to reach that goal.
When they indoctrinate their young that it is their duty to kill another race, that their god
will reward them for it and they go out and murder mass non-combatants (civilians)
and see no wrong.
Then, yes, they must be exterminated for the safety and survival of the free "civilized" world.
Sorry.
View Quote

Also a very good point. I still think it's wrong to kill ALL of them. Surely some would see the light. I hope........
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted YES.
and see no wrong.
Sorry.
View Quote

Also a very good point. I still think it's wrong to kill ALL of them. Surely some would see the light. I hope........
View Quote

How long can you hold your breath?
This has been going on from before I was born!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, and don't forget the "moron" & "ass monkey" name calling because I don't agree with you.
It's the same stuff I've seen before......
View Quote

i prefer to call you 'hairy man hole eater' personally... [;D]
View Quote

Why thank you TheHank!
Why not ass-gobblin' felch-monger too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top