BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 9:37:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I have a job?

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
EDITED to say [b]disregard this post[/b], well except for the "cheers" to Goatboy for the upgrade.  This just proves that I don't know squat about computers.  Now where's that damn key....  [>:/]

So ultimately AR15.com will cease to exist?  [>(]

Do you have to nuke the address?  AR15.net just doesn't have the panache of AR15.com.

Other than that, great work Goatboy!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
When can we start bitching about everything? [;)]  

Corey, I don't think he means the url will be .net, but the servers will switch over to the .net framework (which is Micro$oft's new fad.)
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Whew!

Guess that shows you my level of sophistication when it comes to computers....  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So ultimately AR15.com will cease to exist?  [>(]

Do you have to nuke the address?  AR15.net just doesn't have the panache of AR15.com.

Other than that, great work Goatboy!
View Quote

so true!  so true!

some say traditions were made to be broken.  i don't subscribe to that philosophy.  a name isn't just a name.  it's an identity.  there's oomph to the "dot com" part of it now.  "dot net" sounds so soft and tender.  so wimpy!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When can we start bitching about everything? [;)]  

Corey, I don't think he means the url will be .net, but the servers will switch over to the .net framework (which is Micro$oft's new fad.)
View Quote

well, add me to the unsophisticated category then.  

what a relief!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Er, I think I should edit that first post of mine before we have 5 pages of panic and a new internet rumor surrounding AR15.net.  [BD]

See Goatboy, those of us who still don't know what "URL" means take that stuff literally!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
This will allow team members to create a custom board of the forums they use the most.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, here we go folks, step 1 in the commercialization and pushing the paying membership issue.
step 2 will be the elimination of non-paying participants
step 3 will be PCing the site and censorship to "better represent" the "greater good"
please tell me my predictions are wrong.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn-iT!
I'm sending some T-shirts back so the logo can be updated. [%|]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top