Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 7:05:10 AM EDT
Motel 6, along with its parent company and other lodging chains, is an [url=www.washtimes.com/sports/20020619-6583145.htm]active supporter of HSUS.[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I never patronized the Motel 6 chain before and can't see changing my preferences.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Accor Economy Lodging needs to realize that HSUS is also promoting anti-sportsman issues and continues to work to end America's hunting heritage and other forms of animal use."
    Incidentally, despite its name, HSUS does not oversee any local animal shelters or societies.
View Quote

Dang, another "stealth" agency like the Human Rights Campaign.  Yahoo search engine results:

"Human Rights Campaign   - working for lesbian and gay equal rights.

Innocuous sounding name with a not so innocuous agenda.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is an NRA member, there are several different hotel/motel chains that have a discount agreement with the NRA. They're listed on the back of your membership card. A few of them are priced competitively with Motel6.[50]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Darn, and I was just getting to like the bolted down beds and cheap plastic bathtubs and showers.

Hey, at least they aren't charging for the soap, yet...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have stayed at Red Roof Inns, when traveling for work.  It was not so good, but it was close to the office.  I guess I will have to find someplace else to stay.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone is an NRA member, there are several different hotel/motel chains that have a discount agreement with the NRA. They're listed on the back of your membership card. A few of them are priced competitively with Motel6.[50]
View Quote

I used the list on the back of my NRA card... WHAT A LIFE SAVER!!!

I was in CA for Laguna Seca, tyring to find a room. Couldn't find anything driving around. Remembered the list on the back of my card. Started dialing each number down the list. The first three or four didn't have any rooms. Finally got one that was watching the screen and saw a cancelation. Gave my benifits ID# and the guy literally said "Holly shit! Ooops, pardon me. I have never seen a rate that low since I have been here for 2 years. Let alone during an event weekend."

I got a real nice room, breakfast in the morning. Needless to say, I was VERY happy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Guzzler: Were you there for auto or motorcycle races? That course is really twitchin'. When I lived in the Bay area we went there 5 times for the motorcycle races and DAMN that was a hoot. We camped there, didn't bother with rooms. If you haven't seen the cycles do that course, check it out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Darn, and I was just getting to like the bolted down beds and cheap plastic bathtubs and showers.

Hey, at least they aren't charging for the soap, yet...
View Quote

LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top