Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2011 12:32:07 PM EDT
Anybody able to get a hold of this Tommy Malone fellow? I ordered an upper from him back in May. Waited way past the 8-12 week timeline for my upper... Finally grew out of patience and tired of trying to get a hold of him to figure out what is going on with my upper. He never picks up his shop phone number.... So I text him to cancel the order and he "confirmed" it 2 weeks ago. As of today, I have yet to received my refund. His "Shipping and Returns" policy magically disappeared from his website. I used to come on here and get updates shipping updates on the Smartgunner industry page but now that's gone...
Past couple of days, I text him to figure out where my refund is and about "Shipping and Returns" disappearing off his site but got no response.... At this point I just want my refund back....
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you use a Credit Card? It may be too late, but you could try a chargeback...
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck with that...

A buddy of mine took 8 months to get his, he had it ship to my house and he thought I ran with it.
Well Tommy forgot his order passed him up on the list and after a battle he got his upper.
Just like u... But he finally got his upper after 8 months.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Long wait time but he has shipped A LOT of uppers to ARFCOM members.  I love the one I got from him, it was just a hell of a wait.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Call the CC company explain to them what is going on and they will reverse the charges. IIRC he bit off more than he could chew with the Daniel Defense ordeal. Bad situation from what I understand there are still folks waiting on their uppers from this time last year. Maybe place a call to DD cust service to see if Tommy ever placed your order. My upper was shipped directly from DD. I never heard from or ever received a call back from Tommy. SM Had a good deal going but Smartgunner's cust serv is nonexistent if there ever was any to begin with. IMO I would never do business with SM no matter how attractive the deal or promo was.

Sorry to hear there are still folks out there dealing with this mess.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have sent an email to Daniel Defense about my Smartgunner order. No response from them either. I guess I may have to call the credit card company and try to get a chargeback. Thanks for all the advice guys. Hope to get this all sorted out and put in my order for a BCM upper!

Update: I called my bank to file a chargeback and they told me I would have to wait until Friday to file a claim. I text Tommy to let him know that I would have to file a claim if I did not receive a refund by Friday. No more than 15 minutes later, I surprisingly get a text back from Tommy saying my refund did not process automatically because my card details were purged after 30 days (which would have been nice to know when I requested a refund) and he would send out my refund check tomorrow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top