Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2011 8:50:44 PM EDT

I've had a hankering for Lamb lately.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoulder blade chops.

Put them in a big ziploc bag covered with cheap-assed Italian salad dressing, cut-up red onion and garlic. Keep in fridge over night.

Put on hot bbq, cook them fast and hot on each side, maybe 3 minutes tops. Should be at least pink/dark pink in middle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The worst smell I've ever encountered coming from a kitchen turned out to be lamb in the oven.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
braised lamb shanks served over garlic mashed potatoes.  Fantastic cold weather meal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Arnaki.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, here's what you do.

Step 1 is get a Dutch oven.  Don't have one?  Get one.  You need one.
Step 2 is get some good chicken stock, a shitload of garlic, some good, sweet onions, lamb shanks, Hungarian paprika, and a roasty, dry beer (I like rauchlager or black IPA, but your call).  You can add other ingredients, but those are the basics.
Step 3 - Get the Dutch oven up to 350*F in the oven, remove and put on the stovetop on med-high.  Add a little bit of oil (not olive, it'll smoke) just to coat the bottom.  Add the onions, rough Julienne.  Add salt and toss.  Wait until the onions start to lose color, then add the garlic.  Once the garlic stops popping, add the paprika and toast, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.  
Step 4 - You did let your lamb come up to room temperature, and apply a salt and spice rub to it, yes?  Good.  Add the shanks to the pan and turn every 30 seconds until browned and lightly crispy.  
Step 5 - Add any other aromatics, along with some vegetables (carrots definitely, plus whatever else you have), then add 12 ounces of beer, plus enough stock to cover the shanks halfway.  Bring it to a simmer on the stovetop, put the lid on, and pop it in the oven at 325*F and leave it for 3-4 hours.
Step 6 - Pull it out, remove the shanks, cover with aluminum foil to rest for 10 minutes, chow the hell down.  It'll be delicious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
lamb steaks, season with montreal steak seasoning, cook over wood fire until medium rare.   mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for the Italian dressing.

Nice thick chops cut from the cutest frolicking baby wool ball you can find. They taste better if you bring it home alive and let the wife and kids play with it for a few hours before it "runs away".

I like it like I dress a salad. Good olive oil, good balsamic, salt, pepper, and some fresh rosemerry. Let sit in a bowl for a little bit and slap on a HOT grill or cast iron pan until it says ouch.

Serve rare as shit and enjoy the baaaaaaad feeling all over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top