Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 4:54:40 PM EDT
4th Grader from Brockton, MA expelled from Elementary School "for drawing a gun in school".

No, he didn't draw it from a holster, backpack or lunch bag...he drew it with a pencil and paper!

Details at 10pm!

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I draw guns at school all the time. On paper of course. [:P]
View Quote

Then you should be thrown out too! And heaven help you if you draw an assault weapon or HI-Cap...that's when BATF gets called in.

He probably was going to use it to rob the McDonalds where all the High School graduates are employeed...he needs the picture since they can't read or understand proper English. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Duh, it's MA. MA, CA, NY, NJ.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]
More detail was released on the news last night.

Apparently, the kid (kid #1) drew a picture of a gun. Another student (kid #2) sitting next to him made some comments about how he shouldn't be drawing guns, that they were bad, etc. and told the teacher, who (correctly) did nothing about it.

Kid #1 then told kid #2 that he wished he had a gun with him now so that he could do something about people who rat on him. At this time kid #2 began crying.

The end result was that kid #1 was suspended for 2 days for threatening another student and not for drawing a gun as it was reported originally.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More detail was released on the news last night.

Apparently, the kid (kid #1) drew a picture of a gun. Another student (kid #2) sitting next to him made some comments about how he shouldn't be drawing guns, that they were bad, etc. and told the teacher, who (correctly) did nothing about it.

Kid #1 then told kid #2 that he wished he had a gun with him now so that he could do something about people who rat on him. At this time kid #2 began crying.

The end result was that kid #1 was suspended for 2 days for threatening another student and not for drawing a gun as it was reported originally.

View Quote

Jeez, what a milquetoast ninny. I guess I was raised around savages.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Sad...really really sad....

I remember drawing tanks, fighters, machine guns and soldiers on a battlefield in the first grade (70s).  Probably would have been thrown in jail today.

And I live in this state....
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sad...really really sad....

I remember drawing tanks, fighters, machine guns and soldiers on a battlefield in the first grade (70s).  Probably would have been thrown in jail today.

And I live in this state....
View Quote

I spent most of the 3rd Grade drawing planes and ships...bristling with guns, cannons and bombs. And now I'm here! (AR15.COM) Think there may be a connection??  [:)]

I'm not upset over the suspension, since he did threaten the other student (supposedly). I'm more concerned that the other student was so disturbed by him drawing a gun that he commented about it and told the teacher. I guess being 9 years of age provides the parents plenty of time to drum in the 'guns are bad' mantra.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top