Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:36:11 AM EDT

One of the most effective weapons in protecting airlines passengers from another terrorist attack is not the federal agency created to do the job, but the passengers themselves, according to a new congressional report.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is an ineffective bureaucracy of nearly 140,000 workers that has failed to detect any major terrorist threat since September 11, 2001, including the Shoe Bomber, theUnderwear Bomber, the Times Square Bomber and the Toner Cartridge Bomb Plot, according to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

"TSA's operations are outmoded—the primary threat is no longer hijacking, but explosives designed to take down an aircraft,” the report said.

More at link.   http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47579

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Well no kidding.

Heck...as far as the shoe bomb plot, was going through the airport yesterday and the sign at security: Children under 12 don't have to take off their shoes. Well...if I'm doing the shoe bomb thing, I'm take a troop of "boy scouts" with me somewhere aren't I?

The whole smoke and mirrors process is darn near pointless and belittling.

That said...the "bomb sniffer" chamber might be the only decent thing they have. If employed in enough numbers as to not send places to a screeching halt (hi ATL), that might be useful. Otherwise all they've accomplished is raising ticket prices. Because you know it's pointless when they make soldiers returning from Iraq/Afghanistan take off their boots and belts coming through security.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:01:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm always amused by discussion of TSA effectiveness or lack thereof. The TSA is simply social welfare and another aspect of widening the entitlement mentality. Effectiveness isn't part of the equation....What the TSA is in essence is another 140K votes for the  Democrat party.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The TSA employs both Herp and Derp.

The next time you are under their dominion,

try to imagine where they were working before.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The TSA employs both Herp and Derp.

The next time you are under their dominion,

try to imagine where they were working before.

I wonder how many have that as a first job?

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm always amused by discussion of TSA effectiveness or lack thereof. The TSA is simply social welfare and another aspect of widening the entitlement mentality. Effectiveness isn't part of the equation....What the TSA is in essence is another 140K votes for the  Democrat party.

As ineffective and power hungry as the TSA is I would not describe it as social welfare. They do have a job, that is being a pain in the ass. and i would bet a

fair amount of them are "wanna be cop" so they most likely vote republican.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
TSA chooses its union

Unions= Democrat votes... + or -
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You think all those Air Marshalls that came out of some high-speed military units are Democrat votes?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, let's see passengers have stopped every attempt since 9/11. TSA has stopped nothing. This took a congressional investigation to figure out?

Quoted:

That
said...the "bomb sniffer" chamber might be the only decent thing they
have. If employed in enough numbers as to not send places to a
screeching halt (hi ATL), that might be useful. Otherwise all they've
accomplished is raising ticket prices. Because you know it's pointless
when they make soldiers returning from Iraq/Afghanistan take off their
boots and belts coming through security.

There was a thread on the TSA yesterday. One of the posters mentioned forgetting about having some .357 rounds in a plastic bag in his back pocket. He discovered them AFTER going through the super sensitive naked scanners. People who've been charged with auditing TSA have consistently been able to get anything they want to past TSA

"security". Guns, real and simulated, knives, and bombs are routinely missed by the knuckleheads at TSA.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think all those Air Marshalls that came out of some high-speed military units are Democrat votes?

Dude, the FAMs are about 2% of the TSA ....ok, let me correct myself...the MAJORITY of TSA is in Obama's camp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top