Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2011 8:22:56 PM EDT
Now, I hate to bring this up as I really like Newt, but are we making the same mistake we always make as Republicans by sending an old man up against a younger one?

I know Reagan rocked, but the Gipper always looked pretty darn youthful for his age.

Newt's 68 and Obama is 50.  Thanks to the 19th Amendment I think that's really going to impact things at the polls. What do you folks think?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
He looks pretty good for 68 in my opinion.  I mean dude's got a full head of hair and isn't half as wrinkled as Perry is.  He's just tubby and geeky looking which I think would do more damage than his actual age would.

Good thing Catchers Mitt is gonna win the nom, and we don't have to worry about this!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Chronologically? He's getting there.

Politcally? No. Neoconservatism started with liberals in the early 70's and was not supported by the Republicans until roughly 1980.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhhhhh, we have all had a front row seat of Mr. young turk taking his hand at playing POTUS.   I would love to have an old experienced old man in charge after watching the horrors of Obama.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I won't hold   your youth and inexperience against you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Uhhhhh, we have all had a front row seat of Mr. young turk taking his hand at playing POTUS.   I would love to have an old experienced old man in charge after watching the horrors of Obama.

Yea, the public fell in love with McCain.

If the Republicans run another old fuck, they'll be buying another losing ticket.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, the public fell in love with McCain.

If the Republicans run another old fuck, they'll be buying another losing ticket.

McStain lost because he had no fight, no clear message, and no clue. He did not lose because of his age.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If Newt picks Rubio as a running mate that would help his image. Also we could get another 8 years of not having a dem for prez.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I won't hold   your youth and inexperience against you.

Doesn't work when you're running against the incumbent.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top