Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2011 12:02:17 PM EDT
My step daughter was just telling my wife and I that 15 and 16 y/o girls from her school are working there. Kind of like the junior girls at Hooters, only they wear the same outfits as the other girls. True or not, it gives me a pause.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple of the waitresses at the one by where I work got popped for Prostitution a while back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

My step daughter was just telling my wife and I that 15 and 16 y/o girls from her school are working there. Kind of like the junior girls at Hooters, only they wear the same outfits as the other girls. True or not, it gives me a pause.

Never heard it called that before.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
All the more reason to go.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard it called that before.

You still haven't. I don't think I want to try the place now.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this how you're greeted?

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]

FUCKING LOL
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A couple of the waitresses at the one by where I work got popped for Prostitution a while back.

Address?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Address?

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Tilted Kilt????

Is it a jobs program for apprentice sluts?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
the local one went out of business.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
15yr olds working in a bar?

Restaurant
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So?

I've only been there once and foresee another trip to there in the next few years.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its not a bar.  Its a family friendly dining establishment.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Family Restaurant

fixed
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Restaurant

Hooters with kilts and plaid instead of orange shorts and Christmas lights around the windows.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#19]
The 15/16 year old thing sounds really fucked up though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not ours. Very few females there who aren't working. And while I guess high school age women could bus tables there, I doubt they could sell alcohol in Colorado. You have to be 21 here.
No female bus people at the Denver Tilted Kilt.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Why go to tilted kilt when you can go to bikini's instead?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not ours. Very few females there who aren't working. And while I guess high school age women could bus tables there, I doubt they could sell alcohol in Colorado. You have to be 21 here.

No female bus people at the Denver Tilted Kilt.

Those male bus boys really piss me off for some reason.

Not sure why, but I want to punch them right in the dick

And it's not like I'm normally an angry guy or anything.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I was in one recently for the first time and it kinda actually felt like a strip club, much more than Hooters does. For one thing the girls will sit at  your table and talk to the customers, they really work the customers talking to them and adjusting their boobs in their costume tops, I saw this from more than one waitress.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Never understood the Hooters/Tilted Kilt thing.

You want food, go to a real restaurant.

You want titties, go to the fucking club.

Hooters/Tilted is the worst of both worlds, shitty food and no nudes.

And the most pathetic fucking dude in the world is the one who thinks it's cool to hang out at Hooters and get his pic with the waitresses.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's a restaurant; they're not there to have sex with you.  Assuming you have some modicum of self-control and can keep yourself from assaulting the cute waitstaff, it's not an issue.

Stop it with the harsh vibes man.  You're killin dreams here.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Were any pregnant?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And the most pathetic fucking dude in the world is the one who thinks it's cool to hang out at Hooters and get his pic with the waitresses.

I'm sure somewhere someone who went to the IL HTF Hooters gathering in November 2008 has a pic of me with a couple Hooters girls.  I'm not sure.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes it's a "breastaurant".  The uniform is a miniskirt and bra-top in tartan and the women carry the trays chest-high to accentuate their tracts of land.  They also try to take the long way around to ensure you get a good view.

The sever we had use to work at Hooters and felt the new location was a step up - we chatted with her since she sat at our table to take the order.

Granted I'm a bit surprised that they were hiring minors... as servers?  But I guess that's not illegal to dress them like that since it's a "look-but-don't-touch" establishment.

as for the food it's average. but you don't really go there for the food exactly.
well except for me.... i didn't know about the theme until after i got there.  i was kinda bummed out there wasn't any haggis on the menu. :(
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No kidding
I don't get it either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's a restaurant; they're not there to have sex with you.  Assuming you have some modicum of self-control and can keep yourself from assaulting the cute waitstaff, it's not an issue.

that rules out a large portion of GD
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Address?

Short eye Rd, IN

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's unintentionally hilarious, coming from someone using Steve Dallas as their avatar.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Labor laws prevent 15 year olds from doing that, most likely.  Further, I'm pretty sure most states require you be 21 to serve alcohol.  I assume TK would have a liqueur license.

I guess I'm calling a limited BS on this.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's all about riding the fine line of social acceptance dude.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Labor laws prevent 15 year olds from doing that, most likely.  Further, I'm pretty sure most states require you be 21 to serve alcohol.  I assume TK would have a liqueur license.

I'm not sure about the 15 y/o myself, but they can work hostess type duties as minors.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Never heard of it before.. Thanks OP!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know in IL if you're 14 or 15 you can get a work permit to work in foodservice(eg Subway)
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Were any pregnant?

This is funny on so many levels.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Tilted Kilt is a good place to watch UFC on a giant screen and eat calamari while hot chicks bring you beer. The food is pretty good overall.

I call BS on the story about juvenile servers.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure about the 15 y/o myself, but they can work hostess type duties as minors.

Yes, they could do that...  Not calling BS on you, but I suspect your step-daughter is exaggerating a bit.

Hiring people under 16 is a bit of a pain because there is so much stuff they can't do.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll hoist a BS flag too.

Here in Las Vegas most of the restaurants it's 21YO+. I have been to an Applebee's where the waitress was under 21 because she said that she couldn't take drink orders. Our drinks were on a separate bill and we paid that to the girl that served our drinks.

I'm pretty sure the industry standard is 18YO+ to serve food and 21YO+ to serve food/alcohol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Actually the one time I went to hooters, it was with some friends. We were seated and never served. We left.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#44]
None of the Tilted Kilts that I have been to had any underage women working. The food was good too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't know, but I love me some Tilted Kilt in Columbus.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No way. The dude who berates a pregnant hooters waitress and makes her cry has that beat by a mile.

You are right about hooters being crappy, though.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way. The dude who berates a pregnant hooters waitress and makes her cry has that beat by a mile.

... and then comes to ARFcom to brag about it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... and then comes to ARFcom to brag about it.  

I remember that thread. What was his name again?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was in one recently for the first time and it kinda actually felt like a strip club, much more than Hooters does. For one thing the girls will sit at  your table and talk to the customers, they really work the customers talking to them and adjusting their boobs in their costume tops, I saw this from more than one waitress.

My boss dragged me into our local TK under the guise of free beer. I got exactly this same impression. Creepy dudes there by themselves, waitress working the guys just like a stripper who is being too obvious. I only went for the free beer and even that wont get me back in there.

Quoted:
Labor laws prevent 15 year olds from doing that, most likely.  Further, I'm pretty sure most states require you be 21 to serve alcohol. I assume TK would have a liqueur license.

18 here in GA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top