Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 12:52:04 PM EDT
Has anyone seen any of the cases like were used towards the end of Romeo Must Die...(the cool-lookin "briefcase" that had an AR in it)?

I've been googling all day and can't find one...SOMEONE'S gotta sell em [;)] They look just too cool to NOT make...

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree that was dang cool.  Although the ARs had what like 10" barrels to fit in there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure it was an AR15 and not an HK MP5K?

[img]http://www.bmwfirearms.com/bmw_pages/mp5k1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can buy one for an HK subgun-I think the  MP-5. They sell 'em in an ad in the Gunlist (s/o the subgun) there was also a video of a guy shooting one at some training academy that was pretty funny, but I think I deleted my link.
View Quote

Ya but the cool thing about the AR carrying case is that the handle of the case was the AR carrying handle.  Not to mention the "push button drop" capability!
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]Aimless[/b], yah...this one was different, though...if you've seen the movie, you'd remember it ;)

The AR's carry handle "doubled" as the handle of the briefcase, and the whole case dropped away from the gun. It was just *SO* cool :)

[b]SNorman[/b], yah...I was thinking when I get my CCW...what could be cooler, than an AR15 pistol in one of those? :)

Actually, that makes me wonder...how would that be classified? Concealed Carry? Open Carry? Or as in a transporting case? Hrm [:)]

Ed
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[b]SNorman[/b], yah...I was thinking when I get my CCW...what could be cooler, than an AR15 pistol in one of those? :)

Actually, that makes me wonder...how would that be classified? Concealed Carry? Open Carry? Or as in a transporting case? Hrm [:)]

Ed
View Quote

Heh, very nice :)  I wonder if you would even need CCW for it?  Although you'd have to sort out the legalaties of the short barrel, might as well go full auto while you're at it! Can you imagine a couple crooks approach you thinking you're some business guy with a "briefcase" next thing they know they're dodging .223 rounds. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
That case would be considered concealed carry if it were loaded. It would be considered a carrying case if unloaded. It would be considered a AOW if the weapon has the ability to fire from inside the case.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that is called a "La France" M16K.  I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeeze..So NO ONE has seen any of these briefcases out, or has heard of them or anything? Yeesh.

Wonder if it was a custom job..
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
where does the brass go?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
That MP5 case costs like 1699 dollars!!!  Screw that unless you had gobs of money.

[img]www.twsguns.com/mp5k2.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
where does the brass go?
View Quote

Argh! I guess no one's seen the movie :(

Ok, in the movie:

The case is basically a shell...the AR's upper reciever handle sticks out of the case and doubles as the briefcase's carry handle.

The guy hits a button on the briefcase itself,and the case pretty much splits in two, and falls away...to reveal the guy holding the AR by it's carry handle.

If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest you find a friend with the tape or DVD and fast-forward to near the end, just to see it. It is the ultimate in cool :)

The gun dosen't fire while it's in the briefcase...the case splits away, like a shell.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Does this count? [;)]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/TREETOP%2F1CavP2202%2Ejpg[/img]

I haven't seen the movie, and I'm curious now. Is it worth watching?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does this count? [;)]
View Quote

No...

I haven't seen the movie, and I'm curious now. Is it worth watching?
View Quote

Yes!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#16]
How about that case in Desperado? What gun was in there anyway?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't have the DVD but as I recall, it looked like it had a RMA Patriot upper on it.  Did it have a stock on it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Uh, maybe it was just a fancy prop?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]
My son's Unit had one of the HK briefcase sub guns......would he take his Dad to shot it....nah was to classifed and area.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't have the DVD but as I recall, it looked like it had a RMA Patriot upper on it.  Did it have a stock on it?
View Quote

I believe it had a collapsible stock, along with a very short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
where does the brass go?
View Quote

Argh! I guess no one's seen the movie :(

Ok, in the movie:

The case is basically a shell...the AR's upper reciever handle sticks out of the case and doubles as the briefcase's carry handle.

The guy hits a button on the briefcase itself,and the case pretty much splits in two, and falls away...to reveal the guy holding the AR by it's carry handle.

If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest you find a friend with the tape or DVD and fast-forward to near the end, just to see it. It is the ultimate in cool :)

The gun dosen't fire while it's in the briefcase...the case splits away, like a shell.

Ed
View Quote

I saw the movie - I know what you're talking about.  Personally though, I thing the HK op-case is much more cool.  If you wanted to do something like the break-away case, it wouldn't be too difficult - much easier than an operational case for sure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen any of the cases like were used towards the end of Romeo Must Die...(the cool-lookin "briefcase" that had an AR in it)?

I've been googling all day and can't find one...SOMEONE'S gotta sell em [;)] They look just too cool to NOT make...

View Quote

Evil ed I seen the movie,also I emailed Warner Bros about this case and never recieve a reply maybe you should try.

Never found any thing about the case on the net either.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Please post if you find it Evil ed. thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That MP5 case costs like 1699 dollars!!!  Screw that unless you had gobs of money.

[img]www.twsguns.com/mp5k2.JPG[/img]
View Quote

What is another $1699 if you have an MP5K.  Heck, you have already shelled out a huge chunk for the MP5.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Neat gun- a .22 right? Can it shoot 223 also?
View Quote

.22lr only, with a Ciener kit. There's no buffer or gas system to cycle .223, And less than 3" of rifling in the barrel...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top