Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 10:21:37 AM EDT
the SCARS system of fighting.  has some courses to take and a bunch of videos and whatnot.  

www.scars.com

supposedly its the SEALS official training course.

but really, at close to $300 for a couple of tapes i wonder how worth it it would be.

so anyone?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the SCARS system of fighting.  has some courses to take and a bunch of videos and whatnot.  

www.scars.com

but really, at close to $300 for a couple of tapes i wonder how worth it it would be.

so anyone?

thanks
View Quote

My buddy studied SCARS. Then he flipped out and didn't even care. He chopped a kid's head off cuz he opened a window. It was totally sweet. I nearly crapped my pants.

I love SCARS with my entire body, even my peepee. I can't wait to start yoga.

If you don't believe me, ask Mark.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, ive heard of this too, but am VERY skeptical of whether it is just a scam or not.  Any one out there used it, wanna let me borrow your videos or something. lol  Someone with something to say, please speak up
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.scars.com

so anyone?

thanks
View Quote

My buddy studied SCARS. Then he flipped out and didn't even care. He chopped a kid's head off cuz he opened a window. It was totally sweet. I nearly crapped my pants.

I love SCARS with my entire body, even my peepee. I can't wait to start yoga.

If you don't believe me, ask Mark.
View Quote

It teaches you how to kill a man with a toothpick.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
hey Lildew, what part of VA are you in?  maybe we could each pay half ;)

seriously though, i wonder.  i mean hell, they sell jewlery on the website, thats a little strange.  

Weasel, you are a strange feller.
who's Mark?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
SkaerE, im in northern Virginia.
Thats a good idea, lol i get em for a week, then you do :Þ
I also heard that they  have courses for like 5 days, but they cost like 5,000 bucks.  hmmm, all i've ever seen is their website, and ads in SOF Mag.  so yeah, sounds very fishy.[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You'd probably get far better training taking that $300 and spending it on real, hands-on stuff.  I mean a video tape of anything can not come close to actually doing it yourself for quality and practice.  It's not like you can't find anyone that alrady knows this stuff (or better) in our area anyway.  

I haven't viewed the tapes, so I can't comment on their value, but I don't think it's the wisest use of your dollars.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Spend the money in a dojo and get some basics down first if you've never studied.

I have found kenpo, jujitsu, ninpo and aikido to be good fighting styles (fortunate to have attended one dojo that brought in instructors from other styles).  I'm going the kung fu route in a couple of months.

Spearweasel--
but nothing will ever be able to make a dent against ninjas.  those mofos flip out all the time and no one can touch em!
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
im inclined to agree about the $300, not worth it for tapes, i was pretty much askin for opinions about the SCAR system.  if it was about 1/5th the price then maybe.  but definitly not at $300
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top