Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 8:25:39 AM EDT
This really pisses me off.  Am I the only one that finds this repulsive?

[url]http://iamfoundry.com/medallion.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Kind of a tacky way to make a buck, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is that repulsive? Much of the WTC steel was sold overseas. I'm sure it's being melted down right now, and being working into new construction.

I have a WTC recovered silver Eagle that was in the COMDEX vault. They were verified and slabbed by Collectors Universe.

It's a piece of history, and a way to always remember that innocent people lost their lives on that sad day.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why is that repulsive?
View Quote

Because they are specifically using a tragic event to sell a product to line their pockets.  The people buying scrap steel are not using 9/11 as a selling point to make money.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
So you would rather see a piece of history be shipped out to who-knows-where, and melted into steel rebar or some such thing?

Better to melt it and make the medallion out of it. At least you will always have a reminder of how tragic that day was.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is that repulsive?
View Quote

Because they are specifically using a tragic event to sell a product to line their pockets.  The people buying scrap steel are not using 9/11 as a selling point to make money.
View Quote

By that logic, Calendar makers, filmmakers, photographers, News papers, Networks, Advertisers, Songwriters, Military contractors, Gunmakers, Ammo dealers, Congresspeople, Charities and more would all be guilty of repulsive behavior.

I don't buy that.  The market is a driving force that honors as well as dishonors.  Demand for military arms and related equipment goes up.  Someone has to supply it.  Should they do it for free?  Or are they entitled to their just profit?

Advertisers on Network TV got far more than they bargained for following the attacks.  Everyone was practically glued to the TV.  Should the Networks and Advertisers return their revenues and turn away their customers?

Should newspapers stop selling ads?  Should all work on documantaries be strictly non-profit?  Should flag makers stop selling flags?

I just don't get that logic.

This is capitalism.  Money must change hands.  Life goes on.

This specific offer might be cheesy, but I don't see it as repulsive.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This really pisses me off.  Am I the only one that finds this repulsive?

[url]http://iamfoundry.com/medallion.htm[/url]

View Quote

No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top