Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 7:51:13 AM EDT
LAWYER SURVIVES STAB ATTACK BY HUBBY: COPS

By SIMON CRITTLE and LARRY CELONA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 18, 2002 -- A newlywed man drunk on Captain Morgan rum repeatedly stabbed his attorney wife with a kitchen knife in their Manhattan apartment early yesterday, sources said.
Paul Farrey, 45, then barricaded himself in the bedroom of their fifth-story pad and stabbed himself, police said.

His wife, Donna Hughes, 40, an associate at downtown law firm D'Amato & Lynch, was found lying in a pool of blood in the hallway outside the apartment.

Police wearing bulletproof vests and helmets climbed out a neighbor's window onto a fire escape and stormed into the bedroom, where they captured Farrey.

The slashing spree happened on the corner of East 37th Street and Second Avenue at 12:05 a.m.

Both Hughes and Farrey were taken to Bellevue Hospital. A hospital spokesman said they were in serious but stable condition.

Cops said Hughes was stabbed in the torso. The knife was recovered at the scene.

A police source said Farrey had been out and arrived home drunk before going berserk. Neighbors said he had been drinking Captain Morgan rum.

After stabbing and punching his wife, he slashed himself across the chest and arms, said the police source.

The couple has been married for about four months, said their next-door neighbor, Anne Corsi.

Corsi said Hughes fled from her knife-welding husband and arrived at their door crying.

"We just heard her screaming and ringing our bell," said Corsi, "By the time I came out, she was on the floor."

"There was blood on her arm and she said he had punched her in the stomach. She was holding her stomach and she threw up. [Police] couldn't get into the bedroom, so they went through our fire escape and climbed into their room," said Corsi
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok... so when are we going to ban knives??

BAN KNIVES.... SAVE A LAWYER!!

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
M1QJ, are you crazy?!?

They should be HANDING OUT knives on every street corner!

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
June 18, 2002 -- A newlywed man drunk on Captain Morgan rum repeatedly stabbed his attorney wife with a kitchen knife in their Manhattan apartment early yesterday, sources said.
View Quote

...and...

Neighbors said he had been drinking Captain Morgan rum.
View Quote

Gee, I wonder what they're going to blame this one on. [:(!]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do I have the feeling that there will soon be a lawsuit against Captain Morgan? Afterall, it was mentioned by name not once but twice in the story. I can hear his excuse..."The Captain made me do it!"
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
bulletproof vests------cops in manhattan wearing battleship armor?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Good thing I'm not married yet, my girlfriend has access to alot of knives.

And her name is MORGAN!  I'm doomed!
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why do I have the feeling that there will soon be a lawsuit against Captain Morgan? Afterall, it was mentioned by name not once but twice in the story. I can hear his excuse..."The Captain made me do it!"
View Quote

And the Captain is only 70 proof. Good thing he wasnt on 151 or who know's what might have happened.

[<]:)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I just saw one of those Captain Morgan commercials.  Obviously this fellow had more than "a little" Captain Morgan in him!:(
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
it hapened when she said that's not what I meant by "love, honor and OBEY."
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
i love that captain morgan commercial..."do you think that aerobics is a sport...a spectator sport"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top