Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 10:25:43 PM EDT
I am about to be handed a job transfer offer to move to the Chandler/Mesa area.  Any suggestions on where to start house hunting?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
... in the Chandler/Mesa area!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
... in the Chandler/Mesa area!
View Quote

That makes sence to me.

[:D]

I live in the NW, that is the other side of town.

Good luck on your move.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]

South and West Chandler is growing fast. Lots O'developments. New, nice, middle/upper-middle class.

Red Mountain area of Mesa is very nice also.

Know where the new freeways are going to be built. 101 and 202 freeways will stretch through  both Mesa and Chandler.

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Two exits past Chandler is "Maricopa" Take it and head West 13.5 miles (Past Indian reservation and on the left you will see a brand new golf (PGA course) community.  It's called "Rancho EL Dorado" New homes average about 100-160's there are some smokin deals.  

A little out of the way, but well worth the drive.  This area is going to be built up fast.

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Next door to a York air conditioning store. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow , New homes average about 100-160's ...man I hate N.Y., I paid double that, w/o a golf course, ah, but i get all this great winter weather....enough said.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]Try to get a home as close to your place of work as possible!!![/b]

The commute around here is getting worse and worse. Even with all the freeways being built, remodeled.

I know several people that when the change jobs to a new part of town, they end up moving closer to their employment because of the commute. Or they quit their new job, just to find a position closer to home.

You have been warned.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help so far.  It's good to know about the 101 and 202 freeway development.  I would prefer not to buy a house and then have it bulldozed.

Are there any neighborhoods that I should avoid?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of us Cav Arms Crew live in northern chandler. I like it here nice middle class area. Just stay away from downtown Chandler. That would be the area around Arizona Ave. And Chandler Blvd.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
RichinCM

Costa Mesa ?

i just noticed the place of residence is Commiefornia..., sooooooooooo....!! you will most lykely be homesick for the long commute, heavy traffic, smog, road rage & lots of other freeway fun thyngs.., so i recomend you live near me (i lyke the RICH part [:D]), that way you can commute thru Tucson at all the wrong tymes of the day, BTW, we only have one freeway, then you can sit for hours in line on I-10 creping ever closer to your work place in C/M area....., you'll love it !! welcome to beautiful open carry Arizona !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Guys!

He's moving to FA (Free America). Let's welcome him.

Open carry
CCW
Class 3
free ranges (desert).
Nice ranges (Ben Avery)
Republicans!!
Most cops actually like us mere mortals.

Welcome. Get a nice stereo and good A/C in your car... I hope you don't feel like doing everything else in your car except driving, while you are driving.... Pay attention to your surroundings.

Move close to work. I live 3 miles away. All side streets. I also live in Tempe (college chicks).

Good luck. Keep in touch and we'll go shooting.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most of us Cav Arms Crew live in northern chandler. I like it here nice middle class area. Just stay away from downtown Chandler. That would be the area around Arizona Ave. And Chandler Blvd.
View Quote

Is Cav. Arms associated with Caswell's?

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is Cav. Arms associated with Caswell's?

View Quote

Don't think so. I belong to Caswell's and shoot there often. They do some work with American Spirit Arms, though.

The AZ shooting circle here is very close. We all know/hate/like each other. Scary sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
welcome to AZ!~!~!! get ready for a big auto insurance hike..ive found the cheapest insurance in the valley is American Family Insurance 480-922-8372. they are also very nice and very accomodating.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
welcome to AZ!~!~!! get ready for a big auto insurance hike..ive found the cheapest insurance in the valley is American Family Insurance 480-922-8372. they are also very nice and very accomodating.
View Quote

Go with Amica on insurance.... best rates around.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The AZ shooting circle here is very close. We all know/hate/like each other. Scary sometimes.

View Quote

Let me in !  Let me in !

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]
only prob is the majority of the az members are in phoinex area!!

damn it stupid tucson
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oooohhh, ooohhh, ooohhh... the insurance issue was written up a couple of months ago in the paper.

RichinCM, if you can... contact your insurance company. Ask for the rates by address!! Not by zip code (they tend to give that out first). That might be an issue for your housing choice.

My agent was nice to pull out the map and show me that I am in the middle of the road for rate by location. Even though they are not supposed to show the public the map.

When I saw it, my area of Tempe was on the low side, even though acouple blocks away it (closer to ASU) it went up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Whatever you do, where ever you buy a house, you need a pool! It's the only way to get thru the summer. I lived here all my life without one untill 3 years ago. Hated every summer until then.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome to the GREAT FREE STATE of ARIZONA ! As you have read ,our auto insurance is out of hand here. I combat the high rates by living as close as I can to work. I'm lucky as my employer has facilities all over town.Just try to get as close as you can BUT do all your homework first before you purchase a home. Tax rates vary from city to city here.Also some towns are better to live in (they have more money= better amenities). Lots of GREAT PLACES to shoot in the desert( I have a 1200 meter range I use for tactical shooting).One last thing, I have had a pool in past homes- NEVER again. A pool is a large hole in the backyard that you put water & LOTS of money in. You'll never get your money out of one. Save the cash, get a nice 4x4 with some kind of camper & head to the mountains for a cooler climate. You'll only use the pool from mid May thru mid September anyway. Again ,WELCOME!
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#21]
My fiancee and I just had a house built in Chandler. There are some VERY nice parts of town, and some parts that aren't so nice. We're closer to the south end, Ocotillo area. There are a few agricultural areas, which you might want to watch out for if you don't like the aroma of warm livestock on summer evenings.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
You might want to check out Phoenix around 35th Avenue and Van Buren.  Its the epi-center of the Arizona cultural and social scenes.  You might want to arrive after dark, and remember, dress to impress!
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to Az..  Speak spanish yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You might want to check out Phoenix around 35th Avenue and Van Buren.  Its the epi-center of the Arizona cultural and social scenes.  You might want to arrive after dark, and remember, dress to impress!
View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!
AB
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask for Bubblelicious.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for all of the advice.  I will be moving around the end of August- early September.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top