Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You sure it wasn't 2shots0kill ? [;D] Second though wouldn't want to wish that kind of crap on you again . But it does make you wonder ? What did she get for the pipe bomb ? Hopefully more than $100 !
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saw that on the news as well.  Here's what bothers me though:  The policy states (they even had the flyer right there on TV) 'no questions asked' but, they said her ex is now going to be charged for having the illegal weapons she just turned in.  (3 counts I think they said)  No questions?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people deserved everything they deserve for believing this nonsense of gun-buy back programs and no questions asked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just saw that on the news as well.  Here's what bothers me though:  The policy states (they even had the flyer right there on TV) 'no questions asked' but, they said her ex is now going to be charged for having the illegal weapons she just turned in.  (3 counts I think they said)  No questions?[rolleyes]
View Quote
I think that lady will still get $300 for the three guns she turned in. Yes, I am angry about the pending charges. You have to be very cautious about those gun amnesty programs. There is one part of the program that many don't think much about. I called my local precinct once just to see what the answer would be. The question I asked was, "What happens to someone who gets pulled over in a traffic stop or while walking to the gun buyback program, and by some chance the LEO finds the weapon that you were about to turn in?" The Sgt that I spoke to said that unfortunately you will probably be arrested and charged with felony posession of a firearm in NYC if it is a pistol. I asked if there was any way that someone could call ahead to the precinct and get the OK to bring it in without being subject to arrest, but that would not be possible because it is an annonymous program. So basically there is no way that you could be guaranteed safe transportation to the precinct. Too risky, even for a career criminal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If the ex-husband has any brains he won't get convicted. How are they going to prove that the pipe bomb was his and not just planted there by his ex-wife?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the ex-husband has any brains he won't get convicted. How are they going to prove that the pipe bomb was his and not just planted there by his ex-wife?
View Quote

I would have to agree.  The ex-wife could have done this to get back at the ex-husband.  Heck, she sold his guns for $100 each.  What is to keep her from doing worse.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
No..she's a terrorist. [grenade]  How could you not know that you had a pipe bomb in a bag.  Even if she did steel her husbands guns she couldn't be THAT stupid, could she?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I only hope the guns were Jennings or Lorcins, and not mint condition Lugers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top