Posted: 6/17/2002 6:15:45 PM EDT
person to person "control tactics"?

specifically,

vital areas of human anatomy
pressure points
strike points
joint locks

and other such topics relating to actual unarmed "street combat"

i'm in SW Virginia and am open to courses/classes but cant afford right now to pay an arm an a leg for a class.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Qigong Empowerment- Liang & Wu, I’ve read part of it and it goes into points on your body IIRc

Grays Anatomy- great for light reading and when door to door salesmen come a knocking. [:)]
That’s all I can think of right now
Also you can try Krav Maga [url]www.kravmaga.com/Home/home.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal favorite set of styles is Budo Taijutsu.  It is very practical when it comes to grappling and striking.  Lots of emphasis on vitals & kyusho (pressure points).  Not competition oriented at all, but not as "spiritual" as Aikido.  Generally attracts good people, so training is fun.  You can see if there are any dojos in your area here:

[url=http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html]Winjutsu[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top