User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 3:15:18 PM EDT
What do you think?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think that Im tired of people trying to predict the next attack.
View Quote

Sorry huey, but, I have to agree with CK.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be really stupid to do it on a day anyone would suspect.  The best time would be some random day that had no meaning.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If I was a terrorist, and could get away with it.....KABOOM!!!!

July 4 would be the perfect bitch slap for us.

It would be like killing someone's spouse on their anniversary. Very damaging psychologically.

However, afterward it would rain hell on every arabic person, from a terrorist perspective it would mean the end.
I think even these guys know where the line is, the line where every American citizen would be picking up rifles and hunting down anyone that looked like a terrorist.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, am I the only one who thinks that there are not going to be any more terrorist attacks!?!?!?

I mean come on now!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ok, am I the only one who thinks that there are not going to be any more terrorist attacks!?!?!?

I mean come on now!
View Quote

Yep!
Keving67
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It would be really stupid to do it on a day anyone would suspect.  The best time would be some random day that had no meaning.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#9]

However, afterward it would rain hell on every arabic person, from a terrorist perspective it would mean the end.
I think even these guys know where the line is, the line where every American citizen would be picking up rifles and hunting down anyone that looked like a terrorist.
View Quote

Oh you mean like we did on 9/11? If the line ain't there there is no line.  No, we'll just take the kick to the balls and pussyfoot around afghanistan doing nothing like we are now.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#10]
When you least expect it.......

Expect it.

And yes, it will happen again. Or at least they will try. Those who think it won't are just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#11]
the use of the 4th would only be significant in that its a holiday and therefore there would be vulnerable crowds at public events in open places.

Symbolism takes second place to body count.  And if they can strike they will, cause to delay increses their chance of being discovered.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh you mean like we did on 9/11? If the line ain't there there is no line.  No, we'll just take the kick to the balls and pussyfoot around afghanistan doing nothing like we are now.

Mike
View Quote

Right on....
(exept for "there there" grammar) [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top