Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 9:32:06 PM EDT
So, will we see human clones in the near future?

Never be done
More than ten years
Less than ten years
Already a couple cooking
The US has a clone army in stasis in Greenland

What do you think?

Scott

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You forgot the "The U.N. has a Clone Army in Greenland" option. [:D]
View Quote

Only had five spaces. I was thinking about "Doroway Into Summer", by Robert A. Heinlein...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Human clones?  We're still finding the little quirks with animal clones, like accelerated onset of age related diseases.  If human cloning is to be viable, cloning must be at a scientific level far more advanced than what is currently published.  Then again, it's likely some of the more fringe scientists working on it may not be publishing for obvious reasons.

I think it's possible, but we are not likely to see human clones any sooner than 10 years out.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
We will see it, its just a matter of time. Good luck to anyone who tries.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope stem cell research is advanced over the next few years to help with things like tissue replacement, alzheimers, whatever.  As for all out cloning of a complete person, when they want the best sample to start with, I'm sure they have my address on file somewhere.  [:)]  Imagine having 2000 more progun computer geeks running around the country.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
HEY NOW!!! goatboy said no more clone topics!!!!
lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope stem cell research is advanced as well I think that hold the key o things like spinal cord , and brain injuries. The central nervous system is one of the only aspects of the human body that cannot heal. I, having a spinal cord injury, would VERY, VERY interested in exactly what those  stem cells can do. Eh I'm sure the gov. will outlaw them soon enough so who am I kidding. heres hoping.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top