Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 7:34:06 PM EDT
Went shooting with some friends. The combined arsenal had a little of everything.

[img]http://www.otsports.com/dave/IMG_1606.JPG[/img]

This thing made a boom. Shoots about a 2in ball. Pretty much anything in a ten mile radius probably made haste in the other direction. [:)]

[img]http://www.otsports.com/dave/IMG_1641.jpg[/img]

This gun said Desert Eagle Point Five Oh on the side. In the red circle is a five gallon bucket. Best guessimate is 300 yrds. The .50AE hit it twice with enough power to spin it and it was full of rocks and dirt. Next time it's getting a scope...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeez guy...you blurred the BACK of your head??  That's pretty serious identity protection!

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe he was trying to cover the bald spot [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, it's isn't me in the picture. I just took all precautions to protect the guilty.

If it was me in the picture I would have inflicted all the ugliness on ya'll. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
300 yards?  Unluss that is a vertical drop and a huge red ring, I really dount it.

Hitting a 5 gallon bucket with a handgun at 300 yards?  Get a rangefinder, man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
300 yards?  Unluss that is a vertical drop and a huge red ring, I really dount it.

Hitting a 5 gallon bucket with a handgun at 300 yards?  Get a rangefinder, man.
View Quote

Best guess. I ain't sayin' it's gospel but it was an ass-long aways. The guy doing the hitting was [b]really[/b] good. He tried a 9mm but it would hit about 7ft low. The .50AE has a tad bit more power. Along with the scope a rangefinder is on the list. There is a good drop but the Desert Eagle seemed to keep pretty flat. Again 300 yrds. is just a guess but yes, somewhere in that red circle is a bucket. It was pretty easy to hit with a .22 Magnum rifle with a scope. And you could get a couple hits with a SKS with iron sights. We were as surprised as anyone with the handgun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He tried a 9mm but it would hit about 7ft low. The .50AE has a tad bit more power.
Again 300 yrds. is just a guess but yes, somewhere in that red circle is a bucket. It was pretty easy to hit with a .22 Magnum rifle with a scope. And you could get a couple hits with a SKS with iron sights. We were as surprised as anyone with the handgun.
View Quote

While at an LA shoot with the SoCal bunch I shot a ipsc sized target at 200 yards a few times with a 9mm.   No big deal after a kentucky sight-in shot.  Last weekend shot a 357sig and the 9mm at about 250 onto a small bore target.  357 gets there a lot flatter than the 9 [:)], that's for certain.  Neither is unheard of or impossible if you take the time to shoot well.

Edited to add....damn that cannon looks like a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This gun said Desert Eagle Point Five Oh on the side.
View Quote

Why does mine say "REPLICA" ???
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This gun said Desert Eagle Point Five Oh on the side.
View Quote

Why does mine say "REPLICA" ???
View Quote

'Cause you ain't Bullet-Tooth Tony. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Where you shootin? That area looks fimilar....
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where you shootin? That area looks fimilar....
View Quote

Somewhere in the Coast Range, west of Corvalis. Couldn't tell you exactly because I don't know. It all looks the same up there. All I know is there weren't a lot of spectators. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey I know that guy!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]

OK... How the FVCK did you get that there??Trailer hitch?

View Quote

Breaks down, wheels, main yoke and barrel. Barrel is aluminum w/ steel insert.

Mules got to stay at home and watch US Open... [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top