Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 6:50:16 PM EDT
Went to the local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday to pick up some odds n ends.  I started looking at 1911s.  That was a mistake.  Looked at every Springfield and Kimber they had.  I finally whipped out the plastic and said "I'll take one of those," pointing at a Springfield Operator:

[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/operator.jpg[/img]

Must have been gone 3 hours or so.  Driving home I get a call from the wife on the cell phone:

"Where the hell are you at?"
"About 5 minutes from the house, honey."
"And where the hell have you been?"
"Oh, at the Sportsman's warehouse."
"And what did you buy?"
"Oh, some stuff."
"Yeah, I'll bet.  What kind of stuff?"
"Just stuff.  Nothin special. You'll see."
"You didn't buy another gun, did you?"
"Huh, who, me?  It's father's day ain't it?"

But it ended well and I got to keep my spiffy new 1911.  Took it to the range today and it shoots very well-- very accurate.  I had a couple of jams, which I'm hoping is just new gun tightness.  Overall I'm very happy.  This model has the accessory rail, so I can attach goodies below the barrel.

Next time I'll come home with a Kimber. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Somehow before I even clicked on this post, I knew it would be some form of 1911...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
[:(]
I got nuthin'

well, my dad did take me out for dinner!
..but, my F'n ex didn't have my 8yo daughter call either[:(!]

I should be thankfull, my best friend lost his dad last month. [:(]

Oh, just wanted to say that's a nice gift to have and be able to take it to the range on the same day is a big PLUS!  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
my dad has a cowboy style holster, and so i was gonna go buy him a cowboy style pistol for the holster because he said he wanted one.  but ofcourse the law says i have to be 21 to buy a pistol and my mom wouldnt get it under her name, so i have to wait 4 more yrs.  oh well
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
[snif]
[>(]
awww, you're so kind!
Thanks! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice gun. It's on my short list too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Even if you were out of money,you would still be a rich man with such a fine pistol as that.

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys should give "the kid inside you" a bigger allowance.  That way, you get more expensive father's day gifts. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice toy marvl, maybe we can get together this summer for some plinkin.  I ordered a SKS for my goodie, now I must wait for AIM to mail it to me [:(]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Wife and kids gave me a new Bushmaster carry handle yesterday to replace the one that was stolen from me. It was a nice ending touch to an entire day of shennanigans with the kids.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice toy marvl, maybe we can get together this summer for some plinkin.  I ordered a SKS for my goodie, now I must wait for AIM to mail it to me [:(]
View Quote

Willys,
I'd love to.  Where 'bouts you located?  I'm between Longmont and Boulder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top