Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2011 1:06:55 PM EDT
I was at Wholesale Sports last night so my son could hold the Beretta Neos he is wanting for x-mas. They had one in stock but when I wanted to see how it fit his hands they would not allow me to let him hold it. They then went on, in a very smug and condescending manner, to tell me that state law prohibits anyone under the age of 21 from holding a handgun. I informed them they must be confusing store policy with state law they held to their guns saying it was the law. Then after I told the salesman there is no such law he said maybe it was a store policy. He then asked the shorter, dark haired guy with the mustache and he said it was a state law. When I told him he was mistaken he just rolled his eyes and went back to chatting with his friend (the same guy he was chatting with the whole time we stood there waiting for service earlier). Right as I was about to leave the first guy finds a form the store produces for parents to sign so their kids can handle the guns. I said "It sure is odd you have a little form that allows you to override state law."
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
did he point it at em afterwards?

I would just buy it somewhere else.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not like it was a live grenade or anything. Just let the kid hold the gun!

Give someone else your business.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
People here are militant about enforcing the law, but too dumb to read it.

I must have been threatened with a $50,000 fine for pumping my own gas a dozen times.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
At least the one guy took some effort to find out and produced a form that contradicts his claim. I hate people like that, who state something is illegal but they have no foundation for the belief. "All long guns and pistols have to be registered, you need a license to own a gun, lye is illegal, M855 is AP/illegal, etc."

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I experienced this asshatery at a Wal-Mart........I was with my son, who wanted to buy his grandpa a gift........When we went to check out, he wanted to do it himself, so I gave him the money in front of the cashier........she gave me a dirty look and informed me that he was under age to buy it..........I told her I was allowing him to buy it as a gift for his grandpa.........She still insisted she would only scan the item if I handed it to her. I did not argue the point but felt like

The world is sad at times.

-PC-
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
That the asshats that bought Sportsman's Warehouse?

Never been impressed by the gun counter flunkies under either management.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
more asshats making up their own laws
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
They do that at the Gander Mountain around here too.  Tried to explain they were wrong, but they didn't understand...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top